Page 1 of 6
Spread the love of Jesus Christ. God bless.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
they're both kind of far fetched. why can't they just talk about science instead of religion
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
I think evolution is the only theory that should be taught.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Craigo
Evolution in the lab, folk lores at Church.

School should be politically and religiously neutral; no exceptions. This is pretty bad in my books.

Well they have us by the balls here. The school's not so religiously slanted, although I think every single person that's not Athiest/Agnostic is a Christian.

But politically..... the Government+Econ Teacher and 20th century US History teacher are very right wing and teach their classes in that way. Especially the Government teacher.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
That is just sick, how can you turn someone to a religion by burning the sign on them, it's just psychotic
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
why would he be teachin science in the first place?
Gamertag: Thugzbunny6
add me and say you are from the pit
I think private schools should teach whatever they want.

Public schools... I'm not sure.
Quote by Vagabond21

Also, do you think Creationism and Evolution should both be taught in the classroom?

What case can you make to teach the bible in public schools?

in other words...

No.
Quote by Vagabond21
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,369549,00.html

I'm a Christian. It infuriates me when people do stuff like this. It gives Christians even more of a bad name.

Also, do you think Creationism and Evolution should both be taught in the classroom?

Evolution, yes. Creationism can be taught in schools as well but only at private schools.
:stickpoke
huh. I thought they actually lit an enormous cross on fire, and then let it fall on the students.

whoops.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
I went to a private Christian school. We were taught about creationism in religious class and taught about evolution in science class. It’s not a big deal.
I honestly don't mean ay offence to Americans when I say this, but this whole creationism vs. evolution debate is something that could only happen in America.
Quote by scheck006
What case can you make to teach the bible in public schools?

in other words...

No.

Teaching the Bible sure wouldn't go over well in say, Dearborn, here in Michigan, which has the highest density of Muslims in the population in the world outside the Middle East.

And it would be extremely complicated to teach all the major religions of the world as well as science..... it would clog up the system methinks.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Quote by thankyougermany
Well they have us by the balls here. The school's not so religiously slanted, although I think every single person that's not Athiest/Agnostic is a Christian.

But politically..... the Government+Econ Teacher and 20th century US History teacher are very right wing and teach their classes in that way. Especially the Government teacher.

It shouldn't be like that.

My history teacher was liberal and let us knew it, however, he always told us to challenge him and was happy that other people thought differently, as he knew it was not his job to force his political agenda on others.

However, the courses we were taught were entirely neutral, which was cool.

That's how it should be.
You know what pisses me off the most? Teaching little little little kids about religion as soon as they are born. I saw a 4-5 year old at the skatepark yesterday, a cute little guy. Guess what his shirt said? "Jesus Christ is God." On the back, "Jesus Cristo es Dios."

Teaching that to a 5 year-old? Shame on you.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
You know what pisses me off the most? Teaching little little little kids about religion as soon as they are born. I saw a 4-5 year old at the skatepark yesterday, a cute little guy. Guess what his shirt said? "Jesus Christ is God." On the back, "Jesus Cristo es Dios."

Truth.
:stickpoke
I'm a Christian, but I think evolution should be the only main theory taught. Creationism and the Gaia Hypothesis make interesting sidenotes, but in a scientific environment only scientifically verified theories should be taught as fact.
Shiny metallic purple armor.
Quote by darkstar2466

IMO shirts or articles of clothing that preach religion is a pet peeve of mine....i kinda angers me on the inside.....
Quote by darkstar2466

try and confuse him out of it with the holy trinity stuff
Quote by darkstar2466

Pretty much. A good friend of mine always told me that she hated the idea of people teaching kids, as they believe it blindly. She's agnostic, with very atheistic beliefs, and feels so annoyed that she got taught it the as she feels cheated.
Quote by Craigo

Pretty much. A good friend of mine always told me that she hated the idea of people teaching kids, as they believe it blindly. She's agnostic, with very atheistic beliefs, and feels so annoyed that she got taught it the as she feels cheated.

They are so innocent and they will believe anything they are told. Blank slates, turned into hate-machines. It's so fucking wrong.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466

You know, some of the first songs I can remember singing are the GOD IS POWERFUL, HE WILL OWN YOU, songs in primary school assembly. Like "he's got the whole world in his hands." That kind of thing.

God is painted as some mythical being made of dreams and wonder to kids, sometimes it seems as though it's to get some of them to behave. I mean, believe what you like, but can't you wait until they're old enough to decide for themselves before you go around talking about how their lives are controlled by an omnipotent being?
Quote by darkstar2466

I agree to you to a certain extent.

If you have kids are you going to teach them evolution (if that's what you believe) when they're young? or just not educate them at all about anything and let them decide for themselves when they get older?

You could let the schools teach them but, what would you do if they asked you the "where did we come from" question?
Well, not all religiously-taught children turn out to be "hate-machines." I would assume that in many cases a religious knowledge can be beneficial to kids. Religion can be spun into almost anything, but that's the fault of the parents.
Shiny metallic purple armor.
Why would anyone want to teach that steaming pile of lies to their children?
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Craigo
It shouldn't be like that.

My history teacher was liberal and let us knew it, however, he always told us to challenge him and was happy that other people thought differently, as he knew it was not his job to force his political agenda on others.

However, the courses we were taught were entirely neutral, which was cool.

That's how it should be.

Well the History teacher is kind of like that. He welcomes you to argue things with him, but most people are too stupid to realize when he inserts one of his opinions somewhere.

As for the other one... he's so right-wing (Republican, particularly) it's not even funny, but the man is a freaking genius as well, and it's impossible to argue with him. Plus he'll fail you in his class if you do argue a lot. They've tried getting him kicked out before...... idk why it didn't work.

But anyway, I agree with you. I think it's perfectly fine for the teachers to have their opinions, and it's ok if they decide to share them with us as well. They just have no right to say we're wrong if we can back ourselves up on something. I don't like the whole History/other related class teacher figure, they teach you not to think and you're not encouraged to question things.... I guess it's their way of keeping us in line. Not to sound like some anarchist paranoid Dale Gribble type guy, I just wish some people would wake up.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
religion of any kind shouldn't be taught in schools. by all means, learn about it, ie, religious education, get taught about different religions and whatever, but don't teach people to be any one religion - it's out of line.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by the spiker
The teacher was merely performing an exorcism, guys.

Me want^

She's a freak in bed.
i think unbiased theology could be taught in school.
Quote by Vagabond21
I agree to you to a certain extent.

If you have kids are you going to teach them evolution (if that's what you believe) when they're young? or just not educate them at all about anything and let them decide for themselves when they get older?

You could let the schools teach them but, what would you do if they asked you the "where did we come from" question?

I'll say that we have been around for a while and [may] have evolved from primates, but we may or may not ever know how it all started. If the kid wants a religion, let him/her have one, but I'm not going to force my beliefs upon him/her. I barely have any anyway.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
I think that evolution should be taught in the classroom. It's a scientific theory, it's not a religious belief..
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Quote by thankyougermany
Well the History teacher is kind of like that. He welcomes you to argue things with him, but most people are too stupid to realize when he inserts one of his opinions somewhere.

As for the other one... he's so right-wing (Republican, particularly) it's not even funny, but the man is a freaking genius as well, and it's impossible to argue with him. Plus he'll fail you in his class if you do argue a lot. They've tried getting him kicked out before...... idk why it didn't work.

But anyway, I agree with you. I think it's perfectly fine for the teachers to have their opinions, and it's ok if they decide to share them with us as well. They just have no right to say we're wrong if we can back ourselves up on something. I don't like the whole History/other related class teacher figure, they teach you not to think and you're not encouraged to question things.... I guess it's their way of keeping us in line. Not to sound like some anarchist paranoid Dale Gribble type guy, I just wish some people would wake up.

With all due respect, being a philosopher, I can argue with people on points which I find are easily deconstructable, just to confuse or irritate people just to be purposely argumentative. If they're not bright, they see it as hard to argue against. In reality, if I saw those arguments a year ago, I wouldn't be able to deconstruction those arguments as I just didn't have the ability.

Don't let your teachers reign over you.

And failing you for being argumentative is ridiculous.