OK so for my second bass I have to decide between an ESP F -104 or a Squire mike dirnt p-bass. I play rock but my budget is below $300. I heard that the new squier P-basses aren't as bad as they were before.
Are these two your only options? The Mike Dirnt isn't a versatile bass at all, and as a signature series it's pricier than it ought to be.

Unless your first bass is unplayable, I'd hang on to the money for a while until you're more sure of what you want from a bass, and to give you a bit more time to save up. These two are very different instruments.
duuuuude Vintage Modified or Classic Vibe P basses!
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Quote by smb
Are these two your only options? The Mike Dirnt isn't a versatile bass at all, and as a signature series it's pricier than it ought to be.

Unless your first bass is unplayable, I'd hang on to the money for a while until you're more sure of what you want from a bass, and to give you a bit more time to save up. These two are very different instruments.

I agree,
you should save up for a while longer and get something in maybe the $500 price range, you'll find it to be a lot more versatile and better sounding.

Maybe a Fender P-bass, I think they retail for about that price
Quote by smb

i second that. Or third cause someone before me agreed too.
To Be is to Do -Socrates-
To Do is to Be -Sartre-
Do be do be do -Sinatra
ok, so i'll save up. but what do you think about a b.c. rich mockingbird?
Quote by arkham13
ok, so i'll save up. but what do you think about a b.c. rich mockingbird?

Low end BC Rich is foul. Now, their top of the line stuff is brilliant. The one you will be considering isn't.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1