So, I've never bought a laptop before. The most customization I've ever done to a computer was add a stick of ram and switch out a video card.

As part of my scholarship, OU is giving me a $1500 laptop stipend (which I will be tagging about 500 onto)

At first I was thinking about getting a macbook pro since i hear great things, but I used to play a TON of World of Warcraft (Yes I do have a fabulous social life outside of it, please don't derail this thread), I didn't know if macs would be up for gaming well.

I know there are some guys here who are great with computers, and I was searching around newegg, but outside of ram and video cards and drive space, I know nothing about specifications and wanted to get the best laptop I could find between 1700 and 2000 dollars.

Any recommendations out there? Thanks!
HEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY YOUUUU GUYYYYYYSSSS
World of Warcraft will run great on a Macbook Pro. Should you feel the need, you can always install Windows XP or Vista on the notebook and game. I run XP and OS X at the same time, but not for gaming.
Last edited by the spiker at Jun 20, 2008,
Definitely go with the macbook pro. They're incredibly user friendly but I'm not sure if they're good for gaming.
Quote by the spiker
World of Warcraft will run great on a Macbook Pro.

I have heard that, but my question is what about other games? I've been clean of WoW for a few months and am looking to the future
Quote by kyurah
I have heard that, but my question is what about other games? I've been clean of WoW for a few months and am looking to the future

Mac has Boot Camp, meaning you can also install Windows and choose which one to boot into when you start it up.

I have a MBP, trust me, you won't look back. And GarageBand is great for recording guitar stuff, which I'm assuming you might like, as this is a guitar forum.
macbook pro definitely. hands down
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
100$ Macbook pro all the way. but i don't think you can get a mac book pro for 2000 , you need at least 2200 for a macbook pro.
as well... ALL microsoft games will work on your mac as long as you have run a parallel desktop software. that software costs about $100
Quote by thebrownman
100$ Macbook pro all the way. but i don't think you can get a mac book pro for 2000 , you need at least 2200 for a macbook pro.
as well... ALL microsoft games will work on your mac as long as you have run a parallel desktop software. that software costs about $100

Oh no, do not run games with virtualization software.
Quote by thebrownman

They give a student discount, and even throw in a printer and ipod touch.
Macbook pro's specs really are very unspectacular. However, they run very, very well with what they give you (damn well better for the price). just don't expect to play many games besides Blizzard's unless you install XP/linux as well.