what is it?
the recording interfaces i want they all have firewire ports instead of USB. what does that mean it's just a different cabe and will still be able to hook up to a USB, or does it mean i need to attach something to my USB to make it able to plug in
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
Quote by lua4x
what is it?
the recording interfaces i want they all have firewire ports instead of USB. what does that mean it's just a different cabe and will still be able to hook up to a USB, or does it mean i need to attach something to my USB to make it able to plug in

It's no faster than USB 2.0 but can move more data at one time and therefore is the better choice.

Also be aware that there's USB 1.1 and 2.0. 2.0 being much faster than 1.1 since its newer tech.
If you are going to record more than two mono sources at one time, go with firewire.

for recording gear Qs, go to the R&R section

also see:
http://www.tweakheadz.com/soundcards_for_the_home_studio-page2.htm
Last edited by moody07747 at Jun 20, 2008,
Sounds like a ripoff of frost wire, which is a ripoff of limewire(except better).
Quote by moody07747
its no faster than USB 2.0 but can move moe data at one time and therefore is the better choice.

stay away from USB1.1...

for recording gear Qs, go to the R&R section

Yea that's what I mean't
Quote by Lunchbox362
its a penis

i wouldnt stick my penis into a firewire
you might get the herpes
Yeah, its just Usb but 100 times better. all you need really is 20 bucks for a PCI card, so its not expensive either.
Quote by gnpwdrtreason
i wouldnt stick my penis into a firewire
you might get the herpes

and a burning sensation if you will?