I personally don't think he is that great. His songs sound good but they are all pretty easy. What about you?
just beacuse his songs are easy doesn't mean he isnt a great guitarist. he doesn't feel the need to play complicated riffs. he plays what sounds good. he also has a VERY unique style and that is what he is known for.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Eh, he's pretty innovative but apart from that he's not as amazing as everyone makes him out to be. However his acoustic stuff is good, though not great. He's more of an average guitarist with awesome tricks.
Just because someones songs are easy doesn't mean they arent great. I find it usually takes a great player to come up with something catchy, yet very simple. i respect Morello for his creativity with effects. He doesnt need to blast out a shredding solo every song just for me to consider him great.

Cheers!

Go Leafs Go!!

Next season anyway
Well I'm not saying he sucks, his songs are cool, just not amazing, and I always thought he was awesome until now.

^ where should I put it?
Quote by jammy jam jam
His songs sound good
Then he's a good guitarist.

Talk about him in the RATM thread floating around.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...