alright, so I used the search bar and nothing that helped me came up so...

I have an old half size steel string guitar, its a Hondo II or something, that I'm wanting to put nylon strings on for a different sound. It has no truss rod, a bridge that I've never seen before in my life, and it's at least 40 years old. It has a slotted headstock so I figured that I could fit nylons on it, but I'm not sure if this is a good move or not. Suggestions?
Before you do anything, get its worth checked :P You never know who had it before you or if its not a limited edition :P
If it is a steel string guitar, it is not a good idea to put nylon strings on it. Are you sure its a steel string though? The small size, lack of truss rod and slotted headstock indicate otherwise.
The part that makes me wonder if it is a nylon string guitar is how you said the bridge was weird. Nylon String guitars have different bridges.

The slotted headstock does not indicate whether it is a steel string or nylon string. While it is more common among nylon string guitars, many steel strings also have slotted headstocks.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
the bridge is like nothing I've seen before. it's like two bars connected to the very bottom of the guitar next to the strap button, and those two metal bars widen to connect to a thin piece of metal that's folded over to hold the string's ball end. basically if you took off all the strings it would swing freely. sorry for the vague discription but that's the best I can do without pics. which won't happen.