I know you are a smart person having seen your posts before but can you explain a little bit as to why i should spend a half hour of my friday watching that? I'm interested but not 30 mins interested.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
I see no problem to talk to the police unless your guilty of a crime. In which case, way to fuck up, you will probably be caught anyway, regardless of your interaction with authorities.
The only policeman I would talk to is Matt Barlow.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Psychaberration
I see no problem to talk to the police unless your guilty of a crime. In which case, way to fuck up, you will probably be caught anyway, regardless of your interaction with authorities.

the video explains why you are wrong.

Quote by metal4all
I know you are a smart person having seen your posts before but can you explain a little bit as to why i should spend a half hour of my friday watching that? I'm interested but not 30 mins interested.

It's a very thorough explanation of why you should never talk to the cops if they question you, even if you are innocent.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I'm only 6 minutes in, but the video is pretty interesting, thanks for teh link.
Quote by dillonrips7

I like to pretend I'm Johnny Depp, and scissor away at my crotch.

Quote by _InsanitY_
holy **** awesome win right there

Quote by Shadowenspirit
/win!
im up to 7 min and at first i thought it was bull but its getting very interesting.
short lobsters = federal crime?
Send me off to bed forevermore.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
the video explains why you are wrong.

It's a very thorough explanation of why you should never talk to the cops if they question you, even if you are innocent.

He only give situations where its easy to be incriminated because of lack of witnesses, lack of lawful knowledge, etc. Great, so if i smuggle lobster over a state line, or i didn't know a stupid and obscure law i infringed (which will most likely never happen), ill keep my mouth shut.

that being said, its a great lecture on the follies of due process as well as how to deal with complicated situations.
It was basically reasons and examples of why not to talk to the Police.
For those who don't feel like watching it, here's a small overview:
-If you talk to a policeman who asks to question you, he can and will use what you have said against you. In the first example Professor Duane presents, it is over a sexual assault, in which a woman claims a defense attorney tried choking her. The defense attorney talks to the policeman, and reveals to the policeman that he had tried choking her. It then became a case of 2 people's word against 1.
-It is law that you do NOT have to talk to the police under any circumstances whatsoever.
-Certain regulations are stated as such:"You may not export, import, acquire, possess, [etc etc] any fish that is deemed unlawful to possess, import, export [etc] by the region you are currently in."
Basically a reinforcement of other regions law. This is presented because police enforce this rule, but you do not have to talk to the police regarding the issue.
Quote by leeb rocks
SO I'VE BEEN BALLS DEEP IN MYSELF THIS WHOLE TlME?!?!
Cop: Ok, so what's your side of the story?

You: ... *silence*

Cop: ...

You: ...

Cop: ???

You: ...
here's the second part presented by a police officer: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6014022229458915912&q=&hl=en

Quote by Psychaberration
He only give situations where its easy to be incriminated because of lack of witnesses, lack of lawful knowledge, etc. Great, so if i smuggle lobster over a state line, or i didn't know a stupid and obscure law i infringed (which will most likely never happen), ill keep my mouth shut.

that being said, its a great lecture on the follies of due process as well as how to deal with complicated situations.

He gave examples of several other more complex cases as well, did you watch the whole video?

Last.fm
Well I'm watching a bit of it, and about halfway through he finally started to make some valid points. That whole 'anything you say can and will be held against you' means just that. If you tell them something that could save you, they can't speak for you, only against you. The police aren't legally allowed to stand up for you in the court of law. Weird.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
im canadian but im half way through and its interesting, since canadian law is quite similar
Quote by Sid McCall
Well I'm watching a bit of it, and about halfway through he finally started to make some valid points. That whole 'anything you say can and will be held against you' means just that. If you tell them something that could save you, they can't speak for you, only against you. The police aren't legally allowed to stand up for you in the court of law. Weird.

yeah, that's why knowing this is very important.

Quote by Aussieloco
Does the same concept work with prinipals?

it does if they are questioned by the cops, but what you actually mean, no it doesn't

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
here's the second part presented by a police officer: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6014022229458915912&q=&hl=en

He gave examples of several other more complex cases as well, did you watch the whole video?

yes, ive seen it before. don't get me wrong, im not trying to troll or flame. I'm just saying this is more for felonies and larger convictions. I know for a fact talking to the police, with 5 witnesses, saved me from a minor drinking misdemeanor. So i believe in what he says, but its directed more toward larger cases.

edit: mind you, i WAS totally innocent from my minor, absolutely no drinking for over a year.
Quote by Psychaberration
yes, ive seen it before. don't get me wrong, im not trying to troll or flame. I'm just saying this is more for felonies and larger convictions. I know for a fact talking to the police, with 5 witnesses, saved me from a minor drinking misdemeanor. So i believe in what he says, but its directed more toward larger cases.

Yeah it doesn't apply in the face of overwhelming evidence most likely, but you shouldn't talk to the cops, you should make a deal with the prosecutor.

Last.fm
The cop one is much better than the attorney one. It's so much easier to understand.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by GiantRaven
That was interesting, shame it ended when the police officer was about to talk

I posted the link for the police officers lecture a few posts down from the original one.

Last.fm
It was a good watch. Thank you.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
I posted the link for the police officers lecture a few posts down from the original one.

Yeah, I found it
Cool stuff, good to know. Watch both the lawyer and the cop, both have excellent stuff to know. The cop said at the end though that he doesn't try to send innocent people to jail, which brings back to light the fact that cops are people to, and they're doing their job and they're trying to make the community they work in better. If you didn't do a crime you don't have anything to worry about. Like the cop said, criminals are stupid. Its not hard to figure out what happened. But for the rare occasion that you are suspected for a crime and are innocent, the stuff in these vids is VERY important.
We're only strays.
Great lecture. The Officer's talk isn't really going anywhere so far, but it's sill interesting.
Who dat?