Poll: Metal Amp
Poll Options
View poll results: Metal Amp
Peavey Valve King 112
5 24%
B-52 AT-112
16 76%
Voters: 21.
I've narrowed it down to two options. One of these is going to replace my Crate GLX65(not happy with the distortion). My new amp is going to be coupled with a Metal Muff distortion pedal, and an Ibanez S520EX and/or Dean Dime-O-Flame. I want an amp that will be good for moderate to high distortion. I also need one that will allow me to sculpt a wide array of tones, mostly aggressive and modern metal.
G3T TEH MERSHALL EMM GEE IT IS DA MOOST BR00T4LZ 4MP OUT THERE.

now the responce you will want to listen to

How much money do you want to spend?

I recommend a Valve King it does good metal.
Quote by Demonikk
+1 on everything phip said

Main Gear
PRS SE Custom
Jay Turser Strat
Classic 30
Effects
Beheringer Distortion pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby
DigiTech Bad Monkey
B-52 imo kills the VK. Also be sure to try out the Randall RG50tc in that sort of price range
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I used to have a B-52. That thing can get slipknot tones if you do it right. for it.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Quote by Yngwi3
B-52 imo kills the VK. Also be sure to try out the Randall RG50tc in that sort of price range

+1

The reason I also got the B-52 over the vk was that stock, the vk is not that great, then with a good amount in upgrades then your spending more then the B-52, which might not even make you happy.

But I think the best thing you can do is try them both out and see what you like, also try the Randall
The B-52 is way better for metal than the Valveking IMO.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
If you have one grand, the Fender Metalhead.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
I dislike the B-52 and the VK isnt a metal amp so i would suggest hitting us up with your budget and we can work from there. And the used market will open alot better doors in the metal amp category.
Don't get the Vk amp, is soooo not metal. Currently i'm using a epiphone valve junior with a boss mt-2 metal zone pedal and the sound im getting is just pure awesomeness might work well with your metal muff too.
Quote by Ghold125
+1

The reason I also got the B-52 over the vk was that stock, the vk is not that great, then with a good amount in upgrades then your spending more then the B-52, which might not even make you happy.

But I think the best thing you can do is try them both out and see what you like, also try the Randall

Firstly, I wanna congratulate you for being really patient and helpful with me. But about trying out other amps, it's gonna be difficult for me to find on or both. I'm pretty much restricted to watching videos on Youtube, or waiting until I can go to Music-Go-Round in Duluth(biggest city for miles) to see if they have 'em.

Second, I can't believe I missed the RG50TC. Looks pretty good. Who votes for the Marshall?
^he was just messing around with the Marshall comment.

Also possibly alittle later ill try to post some sound clips of my amps.
you can also call that music store in duluth, like, ask them if they have those in stock or if they could get on for you to try, that way your trip isnt a waste
The VK can do metal if you set it up right, but i've heard the B52 has a higher overall gain level, so you might consider that. Look at the demo in my profile and see if the VK parts with the gain boost on arre too little gain for you. If they are, go with the B52, otherwise, the VK is better since it also has a good clean channel.
i think the randall would be the best.

edit: and i hope that the fender metal head was a joke, Ive heard horrrrrrrrrrrrrrible things
Last edited by woodsballplayer at Jun 20, 2008,
Thanks alot, guys. You've been really helpful. But is the RG50TC a joke? It looks good.

Mary, do you think they'll charge me for making them order one?
Last edited by FryingNemo at Jun 20, 2008,
No the Randall is a seriously good amp for the money - the joke is the guy recommending a Marshall MG
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Thanks. You guys have been real helpful. Now to return the GLX65...and lose around $100 on it.