hey guys.. i have a huge problem... my computer no longer plays, records, or recognizes sounds.. my band was planning on recording a new song yesterday using Acoustica Mixcraft 4 but we noticed that as soon as a track was armed the input "maxed out" without any input plugged it.. this was the first time we thought something was up.. 5 minutes earlier, we were listening to music off of the computer.. now the computer doesn't even play music... we plan on recording tomorrow but can't if we don't have this problem fixed.. is it my soundcard? something like that? i tried a system restore, but it didn't help... HELP GUYS! i know you can help me fix this
that's what you get for being a notre dame fan. lol. but seriously, uhh, go buy new speakers? or something. i've failed DAMN!!!!

<---- metal.
i've tried playing my computer through 2 sets of speakers, headphones, and even a guitar amp.. none of they work.... you failed because you dissed notre dame.. it's all your fault i'm just playing... lol
uhhhhm...if a system restore didn't do anything, then yikes. take it to a compy fixer, something hardware wise is up.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Does it have anything to do with your computer switching the playback device when some sort of recording device is plugged in?
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Vagina's tend to be not all that great looking most of the time. It's all... flappy. Looks sloppy.

I'd have to say guy junk wins but not by much. It's like winning a beauty contest against Steve Buscemi.
nope.. it jsut doesn't work all the time.. i've restarted a million times, nothing.. it sucks!
for me, it was a registry deal. it might just be the same thing that's happening to you. follow these steps.

1. Launch Registry Editor by typing regedit at Run command.
2. Navigate to the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32

3. On the right pane, and check for existance of “wavemapper” registry subkey, the mail culprit causing no sound. If not found, create a new String value named “wavemapper”, and give the entry value “msacm32.drv”.

If wavemapper entry is already existed, ensure that its value data is “msacm32.drv”.

i hope that works... also, it might be something with the drivers to your sound card.

-pete
Sounds to me like you've just turned the volume down on some program. Check all the levels.
Have you gone deaf?
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Vagina's tend to be not all that great looking most of the time. It's all... flappy. Looks sloppy.

I'd have to say guy junk wins but not by much. It's like winning a beauty contest against Steve Buscemi.
Soundcard is probably ****ed, go get it checked out.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
well ****, my desktop did the same thing. then after days/weeks later it began to **** up alot and then lasty crashed. (i hate limewire). then i bout a laptop

but i dont think that's your situation. before my computer crashed the sound did not work. I fixed it by going to control panel and going to sounds ( or speakers i think), look something thats relative to sounds. check everything it working properly. and if it is click a some other sound program, so your computer can operate through it. i think if you have Windows XP it should say something like Microsoft, or speaker. i think under program select something different and the restart your compu. then it should work. if not take it to a technician to try what i told you over again.