Hello all,

I need to change from standard tuning to 1/2 step down to Eb. I tried to search here on the forums, but it brings up any threads with the words tuning and floyd rose ever created.

So is this a possible task, without having to pay to accomplish this? I dont even know how to go about it. I own 2 guitars with floating trems, but I am buying another with a trem on it and I want to have it changed to flat.

Any links on how-to, or anything that would give me an answer would be greatly appreciated.
Fender American Select Strat HSS Antique Burst
Fender American Select Strat HSS Transparent Crimson
Fender American Deluxe Strat
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
just go ahead and downtune it

the floyd might need a slight adjusting afterwards but since its only a ½step down that might not be a problem

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
Quote by TheBloodstained
just go ahead and downtune it

the floyd might need a slight adjusting afterwards but since its only a ½step down that might not be a problem

What do you mean adjusted? How do I go about doing this? Adding an extra spring? Tightening the tension?
Fender American Select Strat HSS Antique Burst
Fender American Select Strat HSS Transparent Crimson
Fender American Deluxe Strat
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
just undo the locks with the allen key you should've got with the guitar, and drop tune it like a normal guitar. when you're done tuning, relock it
dude, the screws on the floyd itself can be adjusted w/o having to unlock the nut and u can downtune like that. its harder b/c u have to fine tune it but it works just the same i think
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Did you search in the "New and Improvesd FR setup guide" stickied near the top of the page?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com