I would like to start off by saying that I've searched and didn't find anything like this. Help me you pit of incredible wisdom.

Alrighty, at home I've gotten a great high speed connection. Fast reliable and all the good bunch of bullbutter that can hold my 360, Wii, laptop and earlier a desktop.

Just a few minutes ago the desktop (say 50 ft away from my wireless router) stopped connecting to the router. My laptop and Wii is connected wirelessly and it running great so I know its not the router. The desktop has a USB adapter and it worked fine earlier but stopped on this account. I tried another person's account on there and it works fine (without any changes being made to either accounts settings).

On the first account it says that its connected to the network but wont go anywhere when it comes to browsing/updating. The second account does but it seems slower than everything I've got running (even when its not running). What could have happened guys?
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
It sounds like it's connecting to the router but not the internet. That's as far as I can help you. Did you try re-entering the password and whatnot for the internet?
no password or key was needed to get on before this or on the other account.
Quote by Duff_McGee
Have you tried with another program (like firefox or opera). And check for spyware/adware/viruses.
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
Go into MSDOS on your computer and type ipconfig /release

Then, unplug the cable to your modem, as well as the power supply. Also, unplug the power to the router. Let these two items sit untouched for about 30 seconds. Then reconnect them in the same order you undid them. You may need to restart your computer. If the problem persists, let me know!
no, just used IE pro. I'll check for all that stuff and see. I'm not sure how another browser could help when IE connected on the other account though.
Quote by Duff_McGee
Quote by joshua029
no, just used IE pro. I'll check for all that stuff and see. I'm not sure how another browser could help when IE connected on the other account though.

Because there is a lot of malware written for IE, which could be account specific. I remember there was something wrong with my wireless once, it worked fine with firefox then.
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
Quote by Shawnstoppable
Go into MSDOS on your computer and type ipconfig /release

Then, unplug the cable to your modem, as well as the power supply. Also, unplug the power to the router. Let these two items sit untouched for about 30 seconds. Then reconnect them in the same order you undid them. You may need to restart your computer. If the problem persists, let me know!

i'll def get on that. be back in a few...
Quote by Duff_McGee
i just did exactly what you said Shawnstoppable (or should i say mr. amazing?) and it worked great. Its not having any problems now and it working at a way faster pace. I'll def look into another browser also just in case this gynormous sack of cream bothers that roll of coins strapped to my thighs.

Thanks everyone!!! I knew i could count on you guys!
Quote by Duff_McGee