I have a pretty used and worn Roland Cube 30 amp the old model that's served me well and sounds great almost on all levels apart from one vital flaw - I hate the Classic Stack mode, which is trying to emulate the classic Marshall tube drive. It sounds nothing like a Marshall and coupled with my Gibson Les Paul Standard its not really doing any justice.
I found this guy offering to trade my Cube for his almost new (only a few weeks old apparently) Marshall MG15MSII, the 'micro stack' model with a small and two cabs. Is it worth the trade? I've played a friend's MG30 many years back and remembering it being mediocre, the drive channel sounded okay.
I'm not too bothered about at the moment as they are only practise amps that I use not very often. The microstack seems quite a looker.
Need opinions asap.
the microstack is not a tube amp fyi. I'd try playing through it, to see if you like it, but I would advise keeping the roland cube;.
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
Roland. The guy is trying to trade you his Marshall for a reason: he wants an upgrade.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
DON'T DO IT.

yeah, the cube's classic stack sounds like crap, but the marshall won't sound any better. and the cube is way more versatile and better sounding on so many levels
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
Marshal MGs is the biggest NONO of all amps.. maybe worse than a Spider

Save up for an upgrade or buy a pedal to boost ur sound
Quote by ealtdharkon
Sorry to break this to you, but you "hardcore" fans don't HAVE mosh pits.
You have epileptic line dancing.

Quote by NotTheSun3290
Well... I AM a virgin, afterall...
NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's a reason he wants to trade that MG...
Besides, the cube 30 is pretty nice amp anyways
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
i have a roland cube 60, the mg sucks dont get it, bad tone, unreliable
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
haha don't worry about the sound quality too much guys. It's more of a novelty question because I hardly use them anyway. I usually rent out gear when doing gigs, usually a Fender Twin Reverb and JCM stacks.
I just need something for a little fun at home for abit of twiddling and my Cube 30 is so worn out at the moment and the classic stack sim is a piece of crap.
Definitely a no mate, the Cube is a far superior amp.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
You might think the classic stack model is crap, but the MG will sound even worse.
Try running an EQ pedal in front of the Cube.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Definately a no no. Keep your cube.

If you want a good tube amp, try a peavey. A used Classic 30 would run you 300$. If you're on abudget, and you need a tube amp, get a small tube amp, like a 5w one. epi Valve Jr., Blackhearts, Peavey Royal 8 come to mind.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Definately not. A Microstack is a kids toy for a 12 year old to show off to his prepubescent friends. It is not worth it. Hang on to your cube, and buy a real Marshall Stack one day when you have the money, like a DSL50, or one of the new Vintage Modern amps
No, ITS A TRAP!
*someone please post that pic.

The MG is nastycrap compared to the cube.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Quote by steven seagull
You might think the classic stack model is crap, but the MG will sound even worse.
Try running an EQ pedal in front of the Cube.

+1 running an EQ pedal will help you shape the tone that you're looking for. You can get the sound you want out of your Cube you just need a little bit of help.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.