hey guys, is there a method for learning the major scae, or any other scales in all 12 keys?
Quote by shtiming
hey guys, is there a method for learning the major scae, or any other scales in all 12 keys?

Do you mean the patterns on the guitar, or the theory behind them?

if you mean the patterns its as simple as moving them around the fretboard to the desired tonic.

If you mean theory, that involves knowing the scale formula and the key signatures. Im not going to explain all that in 1 post, but the theory sticky here should point you in the right direction. I have some lessons that may help as well, you can check those out if you want (see sig)
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Jun 20, 2008,
The patterns. It is simple, but i cant visuaize it instaneousley. like if i want to switch keys in a middle of a piece, or improve someting that has a of modulations, i cant think fast enough and i dont think its reasonable to always switch hand positions.
Quote by shtiming
The patterns. It is simple, but i cant visuaize it instaneousley. like if i want to switch keys in a middle of a piece, or improve someting that has a of modulations, i cant think fast enough and i dont think its reasonable to always switch hand positions.

No, its not always reasonable All the keys can be found in 1 position. You just have to know the patterns & the neck better. It takes time. The players that can do it well generally have many years worth of experience.
shred is gaudy music
Quote by shtiming

Just learn the theory behind the scales as well as all the notes of the neck and you'll never be out of position, no matter where you're playing on the guitar. Try taking only a few notes from scales and working with them in limited space before expanding to the entire scale; you'll see how easy it is to find all the scales, and you'll learn how to use each note effectively.