Just picked up the improved Digitech Whammy pedal, and I was wondering if there were some cool tricks I could learn with it? I also have a wah pedal to add some effect, if any of you have combined the two.
I've trying some Rage stuff as well, so any tips on anything Morello-related would be greatly appreciated as well.

also picked up a metal slide, and if you know some cool stuff I could do with that too that'd be sweeeet.
Last edited by croomekid at Jun 20, 2008,
I think if you touch a natural harmonic and set it for 2 octaves up, you can do a kind of squealie thing. Useful if have a hardtail or a crap trem.
Learn the slide part of No More Tears- Ozzy Osbourne. Love that bit
Quote by saphrax
Bit harsh I think! He comes back for the last 10 minutes against Roma, after being out all season, and you want him crippled again? You harsh wanker!

Aimed at me for saying I hope Gary Neville breaks all his limbs
Strike a harmonic on 3rd fret and shift it up 2 octaves slowly. When you hear it you'll **** bricks.

Quote by Tom_hatton
I think if you touch a natural harmonic and set it for 2 octaves up, you can do a kind of squealie thing. Useful if have a hardtail or a crap trem.

Beat me.
Quote by gorecore=me
is a bidet a type of crisp?
Whammy + Delay = very trippy.

And the divebomb setting is also pretty cool.

Another neat little trick is to use the octave setting on the harmonizer but switch between octave down and octave up harmonizing with the treadle as you play.

For something a bit weirder, use the 2 octave up setting but hit more than one note, sounds like a frazzled computer, especially if you play a dissonant interval.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Well i usually use the Whammy, RingMod, my Wah, and my killswitch. Obviously they all don't sound so pretty together sometimes.

I use my killswitch with the wah, then cut the wah out and make a little fill with the whammy. I use a momentary push-button, so I can do it pretty fast, not sure about the switch. Even if it's something just like slowly raising an octave or two with the whammy while using the killswitch, it can give it a cool sound.

Just experiment with anything and everything available to you. Delay's loads of fun.

I generally use some type of delay + 6-finger taps + whammy octave up/down. Weird sounds but I like them.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me