but since i have to post my original song for you guys to hear my vocals, i thought it'd be best to post it here...

im just wondering how i can make the vocals sound better, i know im off-key at times and flat and etc, but i mean more like what about the vocals could be changed compression/eq wise, or is there too little presence, not enough mid, not enough treble or what, in that sense, is what i mean. to me it seems like it needs to cut through the mix more and be a bit more clear, just wondering what you guys think. thanks

here's the song

http://download.yousendit.com/5D72F57D2E3B7347
My username is old, don't judge me (but old 311 is good)
sing more from your diaphragm. It'll sound stronger, it's better for your voice, and it'll help cut out some of that "nasally" sound that plagues so many singers.

Besides that, sing with confidence! You sound like you're only half-assing the song. If you just 'get into to', I guarantee it'll sound better (just don't go totally over the top ).
But really, don't be afraid to loosen up
I owe a ton of people critiques.

If you're one of them, please PM me.

I have trouble keeping track.
i dont really know how to upload it to my profile...

but anyways, haha thank you for the tip Fly, but other than that, is there something i can actually do with the actual sound of the vocals (presence, mid, treble, bass etc)?
Quote by Three11Rules
i dont really know how to upload it to my profile...

but anyways, haha thank you for the tip Fly, but other than that, is there something i can actually do with the actual sound of the vocals (presence, mid, treble, bass etc)?

still need help with this above...