Ok, I am a liar.

For the past year, I've been playing through a Laney HCM30R. As solid-states go, I like it - powerful and has a nice clean tone. But for overdrive, it really isn't what I'm after, which is tube OD. So, I want to get a tube combo amp for summer.
My music tastes are very varied, from punk to heavy metal to classic rock to metal and many stages in between. I'd be playing primarily with my Ibanez using humbuckers, but I love chorus effects, so a good clean tone with the single coil is a must.
No onboard effects necessary, but I do need an effects loop for my Digitech processor.
Power: under 50w, doesn't need it to be very powerful, but capable of doing a small gig later this year and handling my time at uni.
Definitely a combo, not a half-stack, 1 or 2 speakers
My budget is about £300-400/$600-800
I'm not going to buy before trying, so what I'd really like is some input, some good amps that tick some/all of these boxes that I can go off and try. Last time I went to a music store, I was nearly ignored, so I want some exact models to try out.

My own research turned up the Marshall DSL401. It's 40w, all-tube, 1x12 with three channels (well, two and a 20dB booster for lead). I love the classic Marshall sound (Scorpions, Guns n' Roses etc) so this looks quite nice. Downside is that it's expensive (£475 from GAK but cheaper elsewhere):
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/marshall-dsl401/283

Having had great times with my Laney, I looked at Laney's valve combos and found them to be suspiciously cheap when compared to the Marshall, like the VC30-112, which is £297 from GAK:
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/vc30-112/380

There's also the Peavy Valveking 112, which again paints the Marshall as pricey for £279. I notice it has a great following on here, which puts it in my shortlist:
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/peavey-valve-king-112/68946

Now, before anyone notes that my DigiTech is an amp modeller and questions why I would want a true valve amp, it's cos they are true valve amps. My GNX is nice, but it's only a simulation. I'm not bothered if the amp renders the modelling in the GNX redundant - I can still use it for its very impressive effects.

So, are these amps any good? Any others I should add to try out?

Thanks,
Rob

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
You play quite a wide variety of tones for your budget. What do you mainly play? Are there any genres where an absolutely jaw dropping specific tone isn't completely necessary?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
You play quite a wide variety of tones for your budget. What do you mainly play? Are there any genres where an absolutely jaw dropping specific tone isn't completely necessary?

You're very right to make that point. I prefer heavy rock to metal, though prog-rock is also one of my faves. It's really general rock that I like - I branch into metal frequently, but it's not my 'main' genre. If possible, I'd love to nail the Scorpions' guitar tone from Rock You Like a Hurricane - that's the tone I'm striving for, a starting point to create my own. For everything else, I'm sure my DigiTech could smooth things out - it's very powerful.

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000