dont use razor blade picks. I know its tempting and badass but it can get costly!
Quote by deli_creep

*PEAR*

if i get banned....it was worth it.
well. maybe they weren't stretched out very well
take the time to stretch out every string slowly. It takes time, but it'll save you strings when you're pulling off bends.
what kind of strings are you using? mine are just the basic fender strings that came with my guitar and i only broke one in 1.5 years, and i bend the hell out of them, i geuss try to "break" them in by just using vibrato then work on the full bends
well the acoustic is understandable, but 4 electrics? are you doing like 2 step bends or something? that's the only way i've broken mine. i guess just be more careful lol
Quote by MikeD91
what kind of strings are you using? mine are just the basic fender strings that came with my guitar and i only broke one in 1.5 years, and i bend the hell out of them, i geuss try to "break" them in by just using vibrato then work on the full bends

well you don't play very much then, it would be impossible for me to strings last that long.

@ topic starter: either your picks are really beard razors or the strings just suck.
you should try and get some dunlop picks (my favorites) and some elixir strings (also my favorite) the elixir strings last wooploads of time.
my last pack lasted for like 2 months ++
Everybody's ignored the pink elephant in the room here; it could very likely be a hardware issue. If your strings consistently break at the bridge or at the tuner, I'd look into repair/replacements. This likely would not apply to all 3 guitars, but investigate on the guitar(s) where more than one string broke.
or exactly that. the bridge and/or tuners can have a sharp edge or something that's breaking the strings.
but then again, in 3 guitars? lol, not probable
unless someone's been buying some 20$ guitars :P
Quote by RCalisto
or exactly that. the bridge and/or tuners can have a sharp edge or something that's breaking the strings.

As I already said, it probably would not be a problem found with all three.
There could always be edgy things at your bridge, you have very sweaty hands this will result in problems and strings wearing down very fast.

Last and most likely one, you're just playing wrong. It'll grow out and I've actually had the same problem for a while.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Quote by RCalisto
3 guitars, its probably a hardware issue, what would be a constant in all three guitars? The strings, you replaced them all with the same brand of cheap strings because you bought them all from the same tiny music shop thats only a few blocks away from where you live. Amirite?
there could be something wrong at the nut or bridge of your guitar. you should get it checked out. unless you are doing three step bends then it would be normal for your strings to break lawl
Quote by ouchies
No actually they're hand made d'addario's that I get.

And I use Jazz 3 picks but I was finger picking when I broke my acoustic string :\

And sometimes I do 1.5 and 2 step bends but not often at all :[

well.. do you smoke? do you sweat 'like a pig'? :P
that can help really much.

but then again, most likely to be a guitar problem.. check for sharp edges anywhere your strings may touch.

and what tuning do you use?
ok... so do you happen to have a dark, thick and rainy cloud above your head?
Sorry dude, but I just think that the guitar gods hate you.
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
This really sounds like a hardware problem with at least one of your guitars
Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.
Quote by RCalisto
well you don't play very much then, it would be impossible for me to strings last that long.

@ topic starter: either your picks are really beard razors or the strings just suck.
you should try and get some dunlop picks (my favorites) and some elixir strings (also my favorite) the elixir strings last wooploads of time.
my last pack lasted for like 2 months ++

I play 2 hours everyday
I used to have this problem, but then I realized it is the way i strung my guitar, I would bend, and the strings would come out of the tuner.. don't know if thats what you are experiencing though
Where do you generally keep your guitars, it might sound like an odd question but it's an important question. Are they near a source of abnormal heat, humidity, or cold? such as a radiator? i had this happen to me once when i forgot about placement and left my guitars infront of a radiator and whenever i bended a string broke.
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Jackson Performer PS4 (soon to be sold)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
I highly doubt this is the case, but perhaps you are tuned substantially sharp? If you're just tuning all the strings relative to each other, and not to the precise 440 hz for an A and such, this is a possibility, and it could be creating a lot of extra tension 24/7.

But again, I highly doubt this is the case.
On the topic of construction delaying the Large Hadron Collider:

Quote by Deliriumbassist

Construction my ass. They just haven't found a good enough crowbar for Gordon Freeman when everything goes tits up.
Quote by Stingmaskii
I highly doubt this is the case, but perhaps you are tuned substantially sharp? If you're just tuning all the strings relative to each other, and not to the precise 440 hz for an A and such, this is a possibility, and it could be creating a lot of extra tension 24/7.

But again, I highly doubt this is the case.

As this guy and others have implied, perhaps you are stringing incorrectly?
Fender Satin Strat MIM
Crate Palomino v8
Ibanez GAX+starter amp
Fender G-dec 15