Hello, i currently have and ESP AX-50 with the ESP LH-150 pickup setup. I want to get new pickups for it. I have decided that i want either the ESP LH-300 set or the EMG 81/85 set. I have a friend wsho has the Alexi-200 which has 1 LH-300 pickup which sounds pretty good low and distored. So i want to know in your opionon what one is better. Also is the LH-300 set cheaper?
ESP LH-300 are **** pickups compared to EMG 81/85. The ESP pickups are pickups that ESP placed into their relatively low end models.

You need a new amp before you change any pickups. An okay amp with **** pickups will sound decent but good pickups with a **** amp will still sound like ****.

What amp are you using at the moment?

The reason why your friend's alexi might sound good is because he has a relatively nice amp. What's he using?
well...that was my first guitar...now i have the ax-400 and im selling my emg's 81's out of it...let me know if you want them for your guitar
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
well at the moment i am using a Randall RX-15 with a ZOOM G1x effects pedal. Sometimes i use a Behringer Ultra Metal Pedal. So you would reconmend the 81/85? and i only herd him at school on my music teachers line 6 . So thats probaly why it sounded so good.