Hello, if I bought a tube head amp, would I be able to stick it on any cabinet or are there only certain ones it will work on? Thanks.
Just make sure the ohm rating matches up.

EDIT: and that it can handle the wattage of your head.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
How can I tell the OHM rating on my amp?

Edit: NVM, but another question, the higher of OHMS, the better?
It should say right where the speaker out jack is.

What do you have?
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Look at it.

The symbol for ohms is Ω.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
the higher of OHMS, the better?

I'm pretty sure the ohms are irrelevent, as long as the head and cabinet have the same value, doesnt affect the tone or anything that im aware of
Quote by Jackface20
I'm pretty sure the ohms are irrelevent, as long as the head and cabinet have the same value, doesnt affect the tone or anything that im aware of

I think there might be a small difference in tone, something about the transformer using full cycles or something on the highest ohm setting? Not sure. But anyway, the difference is barely noticeable, so don't worry about it. Just make sure they match.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Fama
I think there might be a small difference in tone, something about the transformer using full cycles or something on the highest ohm setting? Not sure. But anyway, the difference is barely noticeable, so don't worry about it. Just make sure they match.

Cab rated for lower ohms than amp=your amp blows up eventually

Cab rated for higher ohms than amp=should work fine, but your amp will be less efficient and quieter than with a perfectly matched ohms.

Just match the ohms and make sure the cab can handle at least as many watts as your amp puts out, most 4x12 or 2x12 cabs can handle well over 100W and a lot of them have different inputs for different ohm ratings, so uit shouldn't be an issue.
Dunlop Straps™
The best sounding straps on the market

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows
Quote by Missingno476

Cab rated for higher ohms than amp=should work fine, but your amp will be less efficient and quieter than with a perfectly matched ohms.

Just match the ohms and make sure the cab can handle at least as many watts as your amp puts out, most 4x12 or 2x12 cabs can handle well over 100W and a lot of them have different inputs for different ohm ratings, so uit shouldn't be an issue.

...I fail to see why you quoted my post since yours had nothing to do with it? But anyway, it's most safe to match the ohms - you might not blow your amp if you use a cab with a higher impedance rating, but I think you might stress your output transformer more, causing it to wear down faster.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Well my cab has 4 or 8 ohms, and the amp head has 4 or 8 or 16... Does that mean I can switch them to whatever I want? If so, what should I switch them too?
Use the 4 or 8 ohms setting on the head and the same number of ohms input on the cabinet.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Missingno476

True

BUT if you can match, MATCH!
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl