You work hard for many many years to master your craft, you become a world-famos guitarist. A few years go by and you get an offer from Fender, they want to produce your signature guitar, but its a Squier.

Is this a great honor or a slap in the face?

EDIT: I noticed I inverted the re in signature
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
Last edited by plucky duck at Jun 20, 2008,
Should we really label the quality of a guitar by the brand name on the headstock? Who says it's going to be made like every other squier, maybe it'll just have the squire name on it to help squire gain publicity.
I actually do have schizophrenia, so stop making fun of people who have it.

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse (modded)
Squier Affinity Strat (modded)
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
Pete Wentz does not deserve a Fender Signature Bass. He doesn't even deserve a Squier, so I don't think he's complaining.
more sig required.
For some, like Avril Lavigne, its pretty much the only thing she could get IMO. But for people like Frank Bello from Anthrax and Helmet, or Mike Dirnt from Green Day, its a bit of a slap IMO. Someone who was part of a great, influential, and in Anthrax's case, a bit legendary, should get more than a Squier sig. Altho I do think Frank Bello has a Fender sig, as well.
Ibanez or nothing.

I'm an Ibanez fan boy.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
it's a kick in the nads!

I wouldn't take it!

I mean look,if you're a famous musician,or well known,or whatever,you probably have enough money to buy and customize a fender(or in my case,an ESP)

Showing up with a squier is damn right shameful!
Hodam,a stojim...
Getting a signature guitar isn't some honour bestowed upon you. It's a business agreement between you and a manufacturer.
Quote by smb
Getting a signature guitar isn't some honour bestowed upon you. It's a business agreement between you and a manufacturer.

tr00 dat!
Hodam,a stojim...
Well if it's a signature model, made to your specs, it's probably gunna be quite good, regardless of the brand.
It'd just be more affordable.
Of course if you went in and said "I want my sig. model to be the same as the Affinity strat, but with my name on the headstock", it's gunna suck.
If you go in and get it made out of decent tone wood, with a nice neck that you like, good pickups and hardware and all that, it's gunna be good.
It's like saying a guitar someone makes at home out of good quality parts sucks, because it doesn't have a brand name on the headstock.
It's stupid.
I'd gladly have a Squier signature guitar, if it wasn't capped to being made out of standard Squier materials.

-Jayke
Member of the Laney Cult
who plays someone else's signature guitar? lol that's kind of antithetical
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
Quote by kennyvspenny
who plays someone else's signature guitar? lol that's kind of antithetical

Antiethical isn't a word. Not ethical=Unethical. And I don't see how it's unethical, to be honest...
And we're talking about having your own signature model made by Squier.

-Jayke
Member of the Laney Cult
There's nothing wrong with Squier. The guitarist from the Hey Hey It's Saturday band plays a Squier, and I've met him. He prefers it to a Fender.
I've seen plenty of pros use Squier. Guys who've sold far more records than any of us ever hope to.
Quote by JaykeSucks
Antiethical isn't a word.
Antiethical certainly is a word, but it's clearly not the word he meant.
err
IMO i think a Squier offer could either be a blessing or a curse

for a guitarist like Avril would be a blessing becuase no one would buy any other guitar
with her name on it

or it could be a curse cuz lets say they got a Alex Lifeson Squier
than heis name would get made fun off through out the guitarist world?

and kinda off topic
but is the Squier associated with Billy Squier?(i think)
Quote by //ANDREW\\
err
IMO i think a Squier offer could either be a blessing or a curse

for a guitarist like Avril would be a blessing becuase no one would buy any other guitar
with her name on it

or it could be a curse cuz lets say they got a Alex Lifeson Squier
than heis name would get made fun off through out the guitarist world?

and kinda off topic
but is the Squier associated with Billy Squier?(i think)

My belief is that it is more of a referance to the middle ages. Squier being the fact that you are "training" working your way to become a master of your trade which also makes sense because it is known as their beginner line of guitars.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
i said antithetical, not antiethical.

learn to read.
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
Quote by BGSM
There's nothing wrong with Squier. The guitarist from the Hey Hey It's Saturday band plays a Squier, and I've met him. He prefers it to a Fender.

It was probably and old Squier which supposedly is alot better than high end custom fenders made today.
Quote by kennyvspenny
i said antithetical, not antiethical.

learn to read.

I skim read it and saw "anitethical".
Didn't know you said antithetical.

I can read, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to read any of what you said.
Immature twat.

-Jayke
Member of the Laney Cult