for what reason i want to have an extension to my combo...i reall ycouldnt tell you. but what would happen if i added a 4X12 cab to my combo?
what would happen if i added a 2x12 instead?
if it would work to add a whole 4x12 cab that would be awesom ebecause when i get enough money for a head in the future id already have a cab.
So long as you match the cabs to the combo correctly, more speakers = more air shifted = louder.

150W through four 12" speakers can go louder than 150W through two 12" speakers.
lets see what good cab could i get for liek hopefully 300 or 400. oh crap do tube amps and SS amps need different cabs?
^ No, as there isn't anything in the cab except speakers and a speaker cable. But there is a spectrum of quality in the world of cabs. Celestion, Fane and Eminence speakers are good; and you would need to decide whether you want an open-, partially open- or closed-back; and slanted or straight etc.

Though if you're using a Spider amp, maybe don't bother. Just get a better amp.
my plan is to use the spider until i can afford a nice head (the tones arent bad now thanks to my pod) because the way i blow money there is noooo way ill ever have enough to get both at the same time so this way i'll already have the cab. if i gig befor ei get a new amp so be it ill use the spider, but when i get a head that snice ill just hook it up and use the spider for practice only.
so what cab could i use on my spider 150 watt SS and then also use on [hopefully] a B-52 100Watt Tube head?
Plugging a cab into the combo will most likely turn the internal speakers off, meaning you wouldn't get to use the 2 speakers in it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
really? ar eyou sure man im not talking about direct out's that mute everything im talking about the plugs in the bag that specifically say "extension CAB output"
Yes, quite sure. Most combos with speaker outs turn off the internal speaker when plugged into another cab.

Some don't though, I'd try it out before hand.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I used to use a dsl401 combo with a 1960 cab. It was the best decision i ever made because then i save for a good head, but i can still use the cab. The cab made all the difference with my 401 and now with the head my setup is complete. Get a good cab though, don't stinge. Speakers are very important to your sound. A 2x12 can go with a head too, so it depends on your situation with money and transportation.
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
Quote by b00m_
I used to use a dsl401 combo with a 1960 cab. It was the best decision i ever made because then i save for a good head, but i can still use the cab. The cab made all the difference with my 401 and now with the head my setup is complete. Get a good cab though, don't stinge. Speakers are very important to your sound. A 2x12 can go with a head too, so it depends on your situation with money and transportation.

2*12s are regularly recommended on here, because they sound almost the same as a 4*12, are cheaper, and more wieldy when you are gigging. Check out avatarspeakers.com for cheap speaker cabs with nice speakers in them.