I have a 120 watt head going into a 4x12 cab, and i am curious as to how loud it will get.

I ask because i turn the volume on the channel all the way up(it delivers the best sound to me) and i can't turn the master volume up past 1 without immediately having to back off and seek shelter.

It is a massive wall of sound, i have never played anything with so much power. But it sounds awesome!!!!

So is there a certain point where it stops getting loud, or at least to a smaller degree? I really can't image the sound getting as incrementally loud as it did when i went from 0 to 1 on the master volume, 10 times that volume would be incredibly sick
Loud. If your neighbors won't call the cops on you I suggest you find out how loud.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Earth-shatteringly.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Loud enough, I would ****ing hope.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Too loud unless you need an incredible amount of headroom. Plenty of people never use more than 50. Tom morello played with a 50 watt marshall and I'm sure he played STADIUMS bro
there was tab like this about two weeks ago it was hilarious
someone said something like:
loud enough to take down small planes
and
you will wipe away small dogs lol
stuff like that
search bar...?
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by mcrfobtai
Too loud unless you need an incredible amount of headroom. Plenty of people never use more than 50. Tom morello played with a 50 watt marshall and I'm sure he played STADIUMS bro

His amps are mic'd. I agree though, 120 is really unneccessary
Its loud but its usually just there for headroom for cleans or if your playing metal. And from what i have heard on most amps after 6 the volume gain is minimal but that is what i hear i haven't tested that theory yet lol
You will never max out 120 watts unless you do it for a laugh. I wouldn't reconmend it though.
Some amps have a voltage switch at the back that allows you to drive the tubes hard but still be able to here it back at lower volumes. Very handy. Not many amps have it though. Very few amps that have 120 watts are designed to be played at a low volumes, like for practise, so the producers never saw it fit to bother with equiping them with one. I imagine so anyway.
But don't worry, each time you pass the number 1 mark by 1 degree, it won't necessarily increase the volume by that 1 degree. Similar is the way that a 100 watt amp won't be twice as loud as a 50 watt amp.
So if it sounds scary at 1, it won't keep increasing in scariness' in the same way that you first witnessed, if that makes sense?
Loud enough to wake the dead.
Loud enough to blow your balls off.
Loud enough to make cats hang from the celing.
Loud enough to make old people keel over and die.
Loud enough to create it's own gravity field.
Loud enough to upstage most local shows.
Loud enough to blow out windows.

These are just a few of the terms that come to mind.
If you are in the same room as the amp you will experience physical pain.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
You wont turn it up all the way.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model