ive got the opportunity to buy a marshall dsl 100 head(found on craigslist).
the guy is selling it used at $800 OBO, and i was just wondering if i should jump on this or not. i can definately afford it, but i just thought id ask yalls opinion on this.

i am playing an epiphone LP or a fender lite ash tele through a fender hot rod deluxe right now. i like my sound pretty well, but will this head give me a sound i cant semi recreate through my hot rod?

i play every type of music (from country to classic rock to modern rock to bach to...whatever) except super heavy stuff, but even still, a super overdriven amp does sound nice every now and then.

i know 100 watts of tubeage is alot, would there be a wayfor me to keep this thing at a reasonable level while still sounding good (if it sounds good).

i will most likely try it out, but i wanted a little feedback before i use the gas to get to this place. thank you.

ps i hope i put in all the necessary info for yall to make a good assesment of my need for the head.
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.
I have a DSL 50 and I have really enjoyed it for quite some time. I didn't get the DSL 100 for the exact reason that you're concerned (high volume for good tone). If you scooped it up for $600-700, I wouldn't even think twice as long as you plan to keep your fender.

The Marshall will give you dirty tones that will definitely please you but the cleans are NOTHING compared to fender. A/B the two amps and you've got yourself a nice rig.
2005 PRS McCarty (20th Anniversary Edition)
Custom 67' Tele w/Bigsby
Gibson Les Paul Double Cut Standard
Larivee Acoustic
Fractal Audio Axe Fx II
Apogee Ensemble
Yamaha HS80s
^thanks

do you believe that an offer of 700 would work? because i dont want to offend the guy or sound like a tool. or should i go lower?
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.