Hey guys, I got bored today and was thinking of ways I could spice up my amp a little. Any ideas?

I've considered changing out the lamp bulb. Or making a plexiglass version of the "32" and the "V" and backlighting it...

Do you guys have any ideas? Or advice/handy tips or tricks?

Thanks
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Is it a head, or a combo?

Actually, either way, cover it in Tolex that matches your guitar's finish colour.
I'm gonna be doing that to my amp soon, then both my amp and my guitar can be blue with gold

EDIT: backlighting is freaking sweet, I'd do that to
EDIT2: Just googled your amp, and it's a combo
Last edited by Zeppelin_1223 at Jun 20, 2008,
Tis a combo, mate. Amp's in teh siggiez

ooooooo.........

I like the idea of my Palo in black and white.........
--

--
Quote by stratman_13
Tis a combo, mate. Amp's in teh siggiez

ooooooo.........

I like the idea of my Palo in black.........

I think it would look really cool in black actually, kinda a reverse effect. Then put some neon green backlights or something. I'd worship you
Or maybe change the grill to a shiny gold or chrome? Look pretty badass in my opinion
Oh **** son..........

Make the plexiglass V32 logo, and backlight it in green..........

Oh man

This I may have to do Or put some neon on it. Or rip the "v" off a 57 chevy......
--

--
Last edited by stratman_13 at Jun 20, 2008,
Quote by stratman_13
Oh **** son..........

Make the plexiglass V32 logo, and backlight it in green..........

Oh man

This I may have to do Or put some neon on it. Or ri pthe "v" off a 57 chevy......

YES! That would look great, chrome 57 Chevy "v" on a black tolex, with a backlit green 32
--

--
I feel a moral duty to tell you:
If you do those mods to that amp, I will probably have to rape you and steal it, not necessarily in that order. It'll just be so cool + I love Palominos
Haha, I was thinking about doing the same thing to my crappy old practice amp. It sounds like crap, why not make it look better?
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
Well, mine definately does not sound like crap (thank God I got my dad's ear...).

I just want to spice it up a little And that black tolex sounds sexy...

Any more ideas? And I need to find a 57 Chevy, Zeppelin

EDIT: I'll check back tomorrow. I'm going to bed. Thanks for the suggestions so far guys!
--

--
My idea (For you, my own amp has it's own plans ):
Black (with possibly white accents) Tolex covering, "32" in plexi backlit in green, I'd also change the status lamp to a greenish, if you can find, it should go well with the gold hardware in the back (people won't see too much of that anyway)...and maybe a chrome/gold grille, depending on your taste. You could also consider changing the speaker to give you a bit of a boost- do you want a British or American voiced amp?

Lastly- the Chevy V... personally, I think you'd have a hard time finding one of those V's, or even someone who has a 57' Chevy that'll let you rip it off You might be better off making that out of plexi, or salvaging the V off the amp, as it will be proportioned to the 32, and won't look out of place.

Sorry for the wall of text, peace out dude
I was thinking about re tolexing mine, but then I remembered that they're discontuned and they'll probably be worth something eventually. Not to mention it looks pretty cool in the tan and tweed. I have a love hate relationship with the way it looks.
Quote by livrockdie
I was thinking about re tolexing mine, but then I remembered that they're discontuned and they'll probably be worth something eventually. Not to mention it looks pretty cool in the tan and tweed. I have a love hate relationship with the way it looks.

Yeah, I know what you mean dude.
That's why I love photoshop, I usually try to digitally do everything I wanna do to a piece of gear to see how it'll look.

And remember that not everyone is crazy about these amps, I'm sure they'll go up in value, but do it for you, not what it's worth (unless you spend more customizing than you payed for it )

Everyone has MG's now anyway, remember? Now you can blow them out of the water with looks AND tone *Despite the crushing distortion*
Ya, tube amps are just so fragile and high matinence. *(powers up flame shield)* I've actually considered selling it and putting the money towards a ss stack.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
How about getting new tubes or a speaker to make it sound better? Just a thought...

Mhm, that's what I'm doing to my Classic 30..

And livrockdie- yeah, they do involve a bit more work than a SS, but for my kinda tone, they're essential, so I put up with it. Some people like the sound they get better off an SS, I'm tolerant- as long as it's not an MG or Spider III
Quote by acdcrocks0323
How about getting new tubes or a speaker to make it sound better? Just a thought...

Yeah, that's #1 on my "Things to Do" list for it. Tubes first, probably some JJ's. I think I'll wait on a speaker for a while, but I'm looking into an Eminence British mix, like a Red Fang/Private Jack combo.

I was just looking for random ideas for further down the road.
--

--