Right now I'm learning the key of G and was wondering what popular blues songs are written in that key?
Smoke on the Water isn't really blues but the riff is based off the G blues scale.
YOu could shift any song to the key of G, actually, it's a good process to go through, probably learn something doing it, but good luck on the search.
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!
Look at the link below, there are a ton of Blues backing tracks in different keys and stuff like that.
www.bluesblast.com
ESP LTD M-100FM Tone Zone (B)/Breed Neck (N) w/ Coil Splits
Fender Electro-Acoustic
Line6 Studio UX2
BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay/DS-1 Distortion Robert Keeley ULTRA Mod
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Dunlop SW-95 Crybaby Slash Wah
i believe key to the highway (at least the derek and the dominos version) is in the key of G
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
Crushing Day by Satriani is in G. That in no way is blues, but thats what I'm learning in G, so I guess I slightly contributed = /
Avenged Sevenfold. November 10, 2007
BB King. December 1, 2007
Metallica. November 9, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold. November 23, 2008
isn't texas flood technically in F# but since stevie tunes a half step down you play it in G?
Quote by d_herm56
isn't texas flood technically in F# but since stevie tunes a half step down you play it in G?

Eh....

Well, see I don't tune down like him. And neither does the TS, I'm guessing. So yeah, you probably are right, but anyway....

If you play the song in standard tuning, it's in G.

And if you want to play some songs in Open G: Traveling Riverside Blues by Led Zeppelin.
^ Also most Muddy Waters tunes are in Open G.

Not necessarily the KEY of G, though....
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Clapton's "Reconsider Baby" is in G minor, and has a really good tab and powertab on UG. Just look it up. Also, it's really fun. Kind of hard if you're just starting out though.