This is no help and I know that, but I have to say, goldtops are some of the ugliest guitars I know of.
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!
i would go with the agaile, or wait for them to get restocked so you might have a chance to get a 3100 model, which is really good. You can always email them for a custom order.
Quote by Chad11491
i would go with the agaile, or wait for them to get restocked so you might have a chance to get a 3100 model, which is really good. You can always email them for a custom order.

ah ..they do custom orders ? ..nice .. i wonder how much a lefty telecaster '72 deluxe like would be
not sure, you could ask some people at the agile guitar forum. i think, maybe add 200 to the base model of which you'd be customizing would be a good window.
second one

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

I love how Gold tops look.

If you don't like either, and want to spend a little bit more, Epiphone makes a similar Goldtop:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--EPILP56

Sometimes they're hit or miss with quality though; so you might wanna try one. I wouldn't really suggest buying a guitar without playing it, but that's just me.
ah thx ..but im lefty .. and the price is more then double on the epiphone ... i chose agile cose i've read good reviews on them ..and i allready have a Epi LP standard.
Quote by Kiddd
ah thx ..but im lefty .. and the price is more then double on the epiphone ... i chose agile cose i've read good reviews on them ..and i allready have a Epi LP standard.

How come you want another Les Paul then?
Yeah the quality on the Agile is just going to be a better step up over the SX (though like the other poster said it'd probably be better to wait for them to stock up again on the higher-end version and order one of those).
well i wanted a tele ...but they dont have anything with a humbucker ... its really hard beeing a lefty .. not many choices to go on. i want a Les paul cose i've read that agile LP's are better quality then Ep Lp's. So if i like it better i'll sell my epi ..and maybe get a tele or some sort
Quote by strat212
This is no help and I know that, but I have to say, goldtops are some of the ugliest guitars I know of.

Seriously? Goldtops are amazing.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
JUST from looking at it, I'd say the 2nd one.

Looks a bit more "Goldtop-y" to me.....
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
gold tops are awesome, in fact one of the best les paul out there is the 50th or 60th anniversary gold top with gold headstock. now that guitar is a true beauty
Eh... IMO if you want a tele, you should get a tele. You're not really going to satisfy the needs for one by buying a Les Paul.

If you don't have enough money, then just save some more. You'll more than likely regret buying either guitar if you'd rather have a tele in the long run.

Exactly how much do you have to spend? And what don't you like about your Les Paul that you're so eager to buy another guitar?

Edit: And also, what type of music do you play? What amp are you using?

These are all valid questions really on your search for a guitar.
thx for the reply ...

i play rock/punk with my band ...my amp is a peavey vk 112

i would actually love a tele ...but with a humbucker ... cose a standard one sounds to thin .. i am the only guitarist in my band so i need a "full" and fat sound.

i didnt say i dont like my Epi lp ..just that i wanna replace it with the agile al 2000 goldtop. sell the epi and get a humbucking tele.
i'd get the agile it seems better quality, and for some reason it's 1lb heavier than the SX which leads me to believe the SX is more chambered than the agile and i dislike chambered les pauls
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
save your money...

worth it in the long run when you can afford a decent lefty tele...

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by lemonsquares42
I love how Gold tops look.

If you don't like either, and want to spend a little bit more, Epiphone makes a similar Goldtop:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--EPILP56

Sometimes they're hit or miss with quality though; so you might wanna try one. I wouldn't really suggest buying a guitar without playing it, but that's just me.

I would say never buy a guitar without buying one, if you buy one off the web and don't like it, it's gonna be a hassle sending it back, while you can go into a shop and play it, to see what it's like.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
I would say never buy a guitar without buying one, if you buy one off the web and don't like it, it's gonna be a hassle sending it back, while you can go into a shop and play it, to see what it's like.

Never buy a guitar without buying one?

I would take the 2nd one, quality seems better, but if I were you, I'd save up for a lefty tele, but that's just me lol.
Quote by Kiddd
thx for the reply ...

i play rock/punk with my band ...my amp is a peavey vk 112

i would actually love a tele ...but with a humbucker ... cose a standard one sounds to thin .. i am the only guitarist in my band so i need a "full" and fat sound.

i didnt say i dont like my Epi lp ..just that i wanna replace it with the agile al 2000 goldtop. sell the epi and get a humbucking tele.

Then why get a guitar with Soapbars if you want humbuckers?
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
Then why get a guitar with Soapbars if you want humbuckers?

its not a humbucker ...but it has the fatnes that a humbucker offeres ..tele's singles are to weak
http://www.goodtimesmusicstore.com/viewdetail.php?id=44

I'd get one of these.

You could have one for around $400. The 3 tone sunburst look really nice too.

Do you live near any guitar stores? Your best bet is to have them order a lefty one.

That Schecter is really nice. Coil tap and everything, so you can get your 'bucker tones and the single coil tones if you want em. It's the most versatile tele I've seen for the price.

Try to see if you can get one ordered. I think that's your best bet.
Schecter Teles have a good history, as well: Pete Townsend used them with The Who during the 80s...
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Quote by lemonsquares42
http://www.goodtimesmusicstore.com/viewdetail.php?id=44

I'd get one of these.

You could have one for around $400. The 3 tone sunburst look really nice too.

Do you live near any guitar stores? Your best bet is to have them order a lefty one.

That Schecter is really nice. Coil tap and everything, so you can get your 'bucker tones and the single coil tones if you want em. It's the most versatile tele I've seen for the price.

Try to see if you can get one ordered. I think that's your best bet.

thx .. but unfortunately i live in east europe ... and i have a friend coming from the states in july so i wannna take advantage...cose gear is really expensive here ...and leftys are pretty hard to get.

he also got me the Epi Lp Strandard that i have now ...i got it for 300$ new ... and just to give u an example of how expensive stuff is here ... now after 2 years of usage the guitar isnt new and i can sell it here with 600$ ...
Last edited by Kiddd at Jun 22, 2008,
Gold top is amazing. Too bad for those who don't have a taste for it.

Agile is supposedly to have better quality than SX. Think Epiphone Standard and Custom.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R