i've been reading around trying to find out what to buy for some decent recording of my band and it seems there is so much different stuff i just don't know what to buy.

i know i need 4 mics but I'm not sure which ones to get for a fairly cheep price.
I know i need a pre-amp but i have no idea again what a good one is for a fairly cheep price
and maybe a mixer but I'm not sure.
and maybe something else

Any help on would a cheap decent set up would be for a full band would be great.
What's your price range for everything? Generally I would recommend going for SM57's in the mic category. In terms of a preamp setup I've only really dealt with 2 mic ins so I can't really help you much there. Try looking into M-Audio and EMU for some good quality stuff at a decent price.
Quote by mattvl
What's your price range for everything? Generally I would recommend going for SM57's in the mic category. In terms of a preamp setup I've only really dealt with 2 mic ins so I can't really help you much there. Try looking into M-Audio and EMU for some good quality stuff at a decent price.

Im not to sure on my price range because my band doesn't know how much a decent setup costs... so i guess were willing to put in enough to get a good sound without buy unreasonably useless stuff that we would only need if we were trying to sell a million records...