Hallo, i've got a Line 6 Spider III 30 watt... i know , but i want to trade it in and get a good tube amp, but my stores suck, each of them only carry like 1 or 2 brands, and i want to know at least little of what i want, so i don't end up driving all over the place...

So, if i have a 30 watt, would a 15 watt tube amp be just as loud, louder, or what?

And also, what is a good watt for a tube amp that i can use for bedroom practice, but then still jam with friends? Would a 15 be good for that?

(and btw... when i say bedroom practice, it doesn't have to be super quiet, my parents are pretty cool, i usually play my 30 watt now on 3-4(ish), and that's pretty loud for them being in the other room, so it doesn't have to be extra quiet or anything, just around medium.)
O O

___
um... mostly alternative/punk(ish)/rock...

mostly stuff with a fair amount of gain, not like metal, but not bluesy, and i rarely use cleans, although i still USE them... so...

for examples: AFI, Underoath, The Misfits, Black Sabbath, The Cure... but mostly AFI, Misfits, and Underoath.
O O

___
Last edited by TheBax at Jun 20, 2008,
probably 300-ish, but i can stretch to 400, but that's it...

isn't the Peavey ValveKing 112 a good amp?
O O

___
A Peavey classic 30 would probably be better, but if you cant get one, a valveking would be alright
If you get a valveking you will definitely need a Noise Reducer kind of pedal...but then again...you play punk so IDK
Quote by JessicaGonzo
Wait.... What?

Jcm 800 for $400?
I think not.

sorry didn't see the budget
too bad...
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by TheBax
probably 300-ish, but i can stretch to 400, but that's it...

isn't the Peavey ValveKing 112 a good amp?

The Valveking is decent, a nice bargain.

You should be able to find a Peavey Classic 30 for around or under 400. Look for a used one on your local craigslist. I would prefer that to a Valveking, and they have comparable amounts of gain on tap.