This is a song that I wrote last night that I thought would be good for my band, so I recorded it. We'll learn it and polish it up at our next practice and we'll eventually put up a recording with bass, vocals, and real drums that aren't the crappy ones I put in lol.

Anyway, I really like this. It gets pretty heavy in some parts, and it has a real hard, almost classic rock sound. I hope you all enjoy it, drop me a crit if you can. C4C.

http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/lostinouryouth/ It's the only song on there, sorry I forgot to post the link lol.
I'm a person.
Last edited by PinkIsCool at Jun 20, 2008,
Alrighty.

Well the intro reminded me a lot like Possum Kingdom haha.

But now its definately pretty original sounding. I like it. You're very badass at programming drum tracks haha. It's kinda like a Janes addiction meets black sabbath type thing haha (best analogy I could think of)

Ooh nice solo, ahh see this is where the black sabbath comes from! haha

Great Song, I enjoyed it. Hope your singer doesn't ruin it or else I'm kicking him out and taking his spot haha.

Good luck with this, it should be very badass.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=890016
FIJI
Quote by ShizNick
Alrighty.

Well the intro reminded me a lot like Possum Kingdom haha.

But now its definately pretty original sounding. I like it. You're very badass at programming drum tracks haha. It's kinda like a Janes addiction meets black sabbath type thing haha (best analogy I could think of)

Ooh nice solo, ahh see this is where the black sabbath comes from! haha

Great Song, I enjoyed it. Hope your singer doesn't ruin it or else I'm kicking him out and taking his spot haha.

Good luck with this, it should be very badass.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=890016

I'm the singer and I most defenitely will ruin it haha.

But actually I have some pretty sweet vocals for it. Thanks for the crit, I'll get to yours right now.
I'm a person.
Last edited by PinkIsCool at Jun 20, 2008,
Quote by PinkIsCool
I'm the singer and most defenitely will ruin it haha.

But actually I have some pretty sweet vocals for it. Thanks for the crit, I'll get to yours right now.

Well if you like my singing on my recording I can record some vox for you if you give me a basic idea to expand on? Just offering..
FIJI
You can if you want to, but I'd feel wrong using vocals that you wrote for my band's song.
I'm a person.
well do whatever you want broski its your band and your song.. ive got my sad little mellow song
FIJI
I like it - I like the drums even though they sound fake - I like the beat - but the snare seems almost unachievable lol.... Good work with the guitar its a solid tone and I could hear this being softened down a bit (not to be mean but possibly a little less distortion) and with some vocals put into a cool sounding rock song... It just seems hard to sing over this tone right now....

Good job
Thanks but yeah like I said this is only a rough demo. I haven't really bothered mixing this properly yet.
I'm a person.
Haha well it certainly isn't the type of music that I play or even that I listen to, but it seems pretty tight...

Really solid structure so far, I think. I really like the lead that comes in at the beginning and near the end again.

The only thing I didn't actually like was the solo :\. It just seemed to be a bunch of notes within the key, as it didn't really have any melodies created within it nor did it continue any melodies or motif from the rest of the song. Why not develop off of that earlier lead into a solo? It's just that to me, it seemed kind of random. Though I understand you did this in one night.

I hope your singer has a good voice, because anything else would ruin the good work that you already have
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
Haha well it certainly isn't the type of music that I play or even that I listen to, but it seems pretty tight...

Really solid structure so far, I think. I really like the lead that comes in at the beginning and near the end again.

The only thing I didn't actually like was the solo :\. It just seemed to be a bunch of notes within the key, as it didn't really have any melodies created within it nor did it continue any melodies or motif from the rest of the song. Why not develop off of that earlier lead into a solo? It's just that to me, it seemed kind of random. Though I understand you did this in one night.

I hope your singer has a good voice, because anything else would ruin the good work that you already have

Yeah the solo sucks I know. I just improvised it in one take. I pretty much wanted the listener to know that there was going to be a solo in that section lol. I didn't bother writing it or anything.
I'm a person.