Hey guys.. check out my new song that I have concocted (sp?). It's called "Hey" and I'm quite fond of it. Tell me what you think!

(there is a 5 sec pause at the beginning and a few screw ups here and there )

www.myspace.com/cgunsgalore
FIJI
Quote by guitarheroII
i love the guitar! Make a tab and ill learn it. The vocals are grrrreat too

Well I'm not gonna tab it, but you can figure it out with the chords.

It starts with an arpeggiated Am to C, G, D, F to Am B/G to Em with Capo 3
FIJI
Great mellow track man. I'm not exactly sure how to critique it though to be honest I don't listen to alot of lighter of stuff or play it to know what to look for haha. I really liked the outro tho sounded pretty tough but you did a good job of keeping it on track. Good job.
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
Just so you know I have dail-up so it's gonna take me a while to load the song and give you a crit. But I'll get it done.

The first thing I noticed was how good the recording quality was. So great job there.

The intro acoustic riff is very catchy. It's nothing fancy, but it's a nice sounding progression and it gets the job done.

You have a great voice. The vocals fit the guitar perfectly. There were a few blemishes production wise in the vocal area, however. No big deal though.

You sounded flat at 0:50. Work on that a little.

God the song stopped loading. Dail up is gay. I'll go back and try to load it again ut for now you can have half a crit lol.

I like the lower vocal harmonies you put in.

Cool twist on the original guitar part at 2:07

The faster part sounds really good, but the "oh, oh" part sounds a little wierd.

Really good song. I'd give it an 9/10. Great work.
I'm a person.
Last edited by PinkIsCool at Jun 20, 2008,
Quote by UrzasJ00rMom
Great mellow track man. I'm not exactly sure how to critique it though to be honest I don't listen to alot of lighter of stuff or play it to know what to look for haha. I really liked the outro tho sounded pretty tough but you did a good job of keeping it on track. Good job.

Yeah I'm going to later keep the song going by adding some disorted guitar with the same riff at the end. and maybe even a solo or fifty.
FIJI
I like how the two voices go well together =P

But there r some parts which go a little bit out sometimes

And I agree with the "oh, oh" being wierd. It's a little too sudden and forced.

I like the guitar though, Wish I could do that =( haha

Good job overall =D

Anyways...

c4c? =P
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=886923
I like this intro progression, nice and simple but sure is effective

I like your voice, but I feel like it could be trained a bit more to be more effective.

Like when you say "cheek" from the "There's no reason for tongue in cheek" line, it sounds kinda off

You and John Frusciante should meet, it sounds like you two would get along really well haha

A job well done, you've mastered the art of writing catchy acoustic guitar songs! I mean that in a good way too, very nice This seems like it'd be great to sing with friends
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
I like this intro progression, nice and simple but sure is effective

I like your voice, but I feel like it could be trained a bit more to be more effective.

Like when you say "cheek" from the "There's no reason for tongue in cheek" line, it sounds kinda off

You and John Frusciante should meet, it sounds like you two would get along really well haha

A job well done, you've mastered the art of writing catchy acoustic guitar songs! I mean that in a good way too, very nice This seems like it'd be great to sing with friends

thank you, that's good to hear

what do you mean "cheek" sounds kind off though? like the pitch or somethin?

and yeah I've been meaning to take vocal lessons and hopefully I'll get some cash to get some one day.

thanks for the kind reply though..
FIJI
hey man great stuff, I really like the acoustic intro and over sound in the piece. Good voice too, enjoyed the harmonies. Overall really good song man.
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Fender American Deluxe Strat
Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Delay
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
crit as i listen.
nice intro, some pretty sweet guitar playing.
vocals are nice, good melody, bit pitchy in some spots,
harmonies in the chorus kicks ass! good job dude!

pretty sweet song overall.
ya just gotta fix up the pitch
of the vocals in some spots.
but you got a knack for songwriting
Take Jesus not drugs.
Quote by ShizNick
thank you, that's good to hear

what do you mean "cheek" sounds kind off though? like the pitch or somethin?

and yeah I've been meaning to take vocal lessons and hopefully I'll get some cash to get some one day.

thanks for the kind reply though..

Yeah I'd say it's the pitch... though I know absolutely NOTHING about vocals and singing, so take my opinion on that with a grain of salt

EDIT: BTW I forgot to mention that I really liked the quality of the recorded guitar. Great stuff

EDIT2: I like the "Oh, oh" part
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
Yeah I'd say it's the pitch... though I know absolutely NOTHING about vocals and singing, so take my opinion on that with a grain of salt

EDIT: BTW I forgot to mention that I really liked the quality of the recorded guitar. Great stuff

EDIT2: I like the "Oh, oh" part

well the only thing I don't like is that it's too early... I'm in the process of re-recording this song to add distorted guitar and drums into the ending.

so i'll post that when i'm done being lazy and finished it.
FIJI
Thanks for the crit on mine!

First listen:
-Nice intro, although it is reminiscent to a song I have heard before, nevertheless pretty good
-Quality is also good, as mentioned several posts ago
-Vocals are good, and go well with the song...but I feel that they need to be song more "on top of the note" if you get what I mean, the way it sounds is sort of flat, but not flat enough to sound bad
-At 2:37 maybe add high octave backup with a lot of reverb for that "out-there" effect

Second listen:
-The vocal problem mentioned before keeps getting at me for some reason during the chorus and bits of the verse
-The breakdown after 2:40 is good
-Outro is kind of shortlived, but I'd say it's good.

I hope I'm not coming off as harsh about the vocals, by no means am I trying to be harsh. In my vocal experience, I get bugged a lot about not being "on top of the note", and I know it gets annoying, but it does make the piece sound better.

Good song, just fix a few things, and you'll have a nice little ballad there.
Hey man. Dig it alot, the intros good. I think you need a bass boost on your voice. Look for a "Male Vocals" or something like that in your recording software. It will keep your vocal presence up.
Sounds like stairway to heaven and your voice sounds weak, you're hitting notes just weakly.