I am looking for a new set of pick ups to make my agile al-2000 sound a little better.I play alot of Metalica,Pantera,and some shred stuff.But i also play alot of Zeppelin,Nugent,Nazareth and the sort.what would be a good set of pickups for these styles.Im thinking a Dime bucker in bridge maybe and not sure for neck but something mellower for good cleans.(If this helps at all I play through a Fender princeton 65 and a roland micro cube)
spend money on better amps. dont get a dimebucker its is horriffic.
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
Thanks for the help with the dimebucker and at the moment there is no point in me getting a better amp since I dont gig or really play anywhere besides my bedroom.I at least want to get a pick up in bridge that can get me a little better tone because both pick ups sound the same.
would a duncan evo 2 be a good choice for a bridge pickup for the types of music i play?
Quote by devinb132
Thanks for the help with the dimebucker and at the moment there is no point in me getting a better amp since I dont gig or really play anywhere besides my bedroom.I at least want to get a pick up in bridge that can get me a little better tone because both pick ups sound the same.

Then that's either your setup, your amps or your ears...it's got nothing to do with the pickups themselves.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
No its definately low end agile pickups their may be a slight difference but the difference in them makes them sound exactly the same in the two positions.I know its not my amp/set up or my ears because ive played it through many diferent amps and im not the only one who thinks they sound identical anyone who has played it has commented on it.As for my original question I see that nobody is going to give me a real answer so this thread may as well be erased.
If you're not too keen on spending a lot of dough on new pups then check out Toneriders. I recently replaced the stock pickups on my Epi Special II (another high quality/low cost axe) with one of their Alnico IV classics in the neck and their Generator model in the bridge. They're really inexpensive but excellent quality and the difference in tone is superb.
i thought the dimebucker sounded liek a flat emg81...

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb