omg i reaalllyyy need help with harmonics b/c no matter how many guides i read online or how many videos, they seem like the same thing over and over again and i need a new view at it!!! every time i try the thumb thing close to the edge of the pick, i never get it. i have never gotten one pinch harmonic out. EVER.
bottom line:
PLEASE GIVE SOME NEW HELP THAT ISNT ALREADY ON THE INTERNET!!!
Practice. It took me about 2 weeks to get it.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Step one: Play a note. Any note.
Step two: lightly tap your finger on that string while its sustaining and try to find a harmonic. You will know you have found one when the note changes pitch.
Step three: Hit that note with your thumb while you pick
Step four: Profit.. or something...
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
no i understand that but i just dont understand what 2 do, like what EXACTLY do i do?
plz dont post things like " all u need 2 do is practice" and "put ur thumb on the string" i know that but i cant get the squeak sound out and i really wanna be able 2 play the la grange solo CORRECTLY!!! haha

Sorta like that. Sorry for the bad pic, I got it off Google.
Quote by lespaul#1

Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
THATS WHAT IVE BEEN DOING OMG no offense, but this is EXACTLY what im doing, and this is a over the internet also. i just need MAJOR help MAKING the sound...
PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE your not gonna master it in an hour

ill send Zack Wyld down to your house so he can show u how simple it is
O
M
G
PLZ STOP SAYING PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE IK I HAVE 2 BUT I CANT MAKE THE SOUND!!! ITS NOT B/C I HAVENT PRACTICED I JUST CAT DO IT!!! ARGGGGHHHHHH!!! as u can see, im extremely mad b/c im going 2 camp 2morow and i want 2 be ble 2 do this before i leave...
it didnt take me all that long to learn.(I started playing them a month ago and it took me about a day to master)just move your thumb to a different spot on the string with each try and you will eventualy find the sweet spot on it.
Ok enough with this, lets get to the bottom line.

Your a noob.

edit:
What you should do is record your favorite time someone hit a pinch harmonic or artificial harmonic of some sort and replay it everytime you want to do a p/h or an a/h. SINCE YOU CANT SEEM TO DO IT BECAUSE YOUR SUCH A ****ING NOOB!
im not a noob, i just cant get the sound out. i can play eruption completly no stopping, and i personally (dont mean to boast) amazing for my age, but i just need help with this one technique.
Quote by black-sabbath
Practice. It took me about 2 weeks to get it.

+1

they aren't the easiest technique in the world - your picking itself needs to be pretty sharp and accurate if you want to give yourself even half a chance of pulling them off.

Taking the time to learn what harmonics actually are in physics terms doesn't hurt either...actually it'd help an awful lot.

Quote by qwertyguitar
im not a noob, i just cant get the sound out. i can play eruption completly no stopping, and i personally (dont mean to boast) amazing for my age, but i just need help with this one technique.

who told you that? If it was Michael Jackson then, well...I don't think he meant what you think he meant.

I've never heard you play so I don't now if you're a noob or not, but you certainly type like one. What kind of camp are you going to anyway, Harmonic Camp? If that's the case then I can see why this is such a pressing issue...don't want to disappoint Counsellor Wylde eh?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Jun 20, 2008,
Quote by qwertyguitar

Amazing^ Why dont you go brag to eddie about it then ask him how to do a pinch harmonic

EDIT:
Speaking of that.. How old are you? Please dont give me some bs in dog years.
Quote by qwertyguitar
O
M
G
PLZ STOP SAYING PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE IK I HAVE 2 BUT I CANT MAKE THE SOUND!!! ITS NOT B/C I HAVENT PRACTICED I JUST CAT DO IT!!! ARGGGGHHHHHH!!! as u can see, im extremely mad b/c im going 2 camp 2morow and i want 2 be ble 2 do this before i leave...

Chill...

I dont even understand what you're asking anymore. We've told you how to do a pinch harmonic. Care to clarify?
Quote by lespaul#1

Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
I doubt there will be a reponse here that will magically make you do PH.

It took me two weeks to get it... I remember I just woke up one day and I was able to do it. It came rather randomly.
Practice...practice practice, freakin' practice.

I had the same problem, and your magical cure...is practice.

...and bridge pickups.
Gee-arr:

ESP LTD Viper 400
Line 6 Spider 75W
Digitech RP350