SORRY...to give this site another forum on amps lol. But it has to ben done so,,,
Two good amps seem to be the Roland Cube 60, and the Randal RG50TC. Both (from what i hear) are good for deathcore metal stuff. Both seem great for what I play(Lamb of God, Slipknot, Killswitch Engage, Shadows Fall). But which is better in your opinion?
Thanks
Ben
none of those bands are deathcore fyi.
this thread is going to fill up with the Randall.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
I play stuff from all the bands you mention, and a Mesa DC-5 head or combo will nail those tones EASILY. Pkus it sounds a helluva lot better than the Randal RG in my opinion. The Cube's a neat little amps, but I'd use it more as a practice amp than a serious amp for having really killer tone or play shows.
between the two you mentioned, the Randall is the better choice because the metal tone modeling on the Cubes just sucks
Originally posted by Geetarbumb
I think your screwed ! You should quit guitar and take up the skin flute!
You should look into getting a nice tube amp, Peaveys (valveking is pretty but probably needs a speaker/tube swap) you can look into Mesas like RG_FANMAN said. Tube amps have better tone than solid states ones.
5150!

No wait, i just read the post you dont deserve a 5150.
Deathcore? wtf is wrong with you.
Get the Randall.

The truth hurts, but denial is what kills you.

Member #2 of the Fight Club Clan.
PM AndrewSchaeffer to join.
Quote by metalgirl0
You should look into getting a nice tube amp, Peaveys (valveking is pretty but probably needs a speaker/tube swap) you can look into Mesas like RG_FANMAN said. Tube amps have better tone than solid states ones.

The RG50TC is tube, as far as I know.
Member Of Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
yeah, the randall takes the prize when it comes to metal.

and the bands you mentioned aren't deathcore. there's a difference between killswitch engage and As Blood Runs Black or Bring Me the Horizon.
A VK with a better speaker/tubes and a good drive pedal will give you some good heavy tones. And i thought deathcore was like Bring Me The Horizon, which is muuuch heavier than what Ive heard from Slipknot, KSE, and LOG. Even if BMTH is rather trendy now.
save up a grand and get u a 6505!
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
Quote by lowtek
between the two you mentioned, the Randall is the better choice because the metal tone modeling on the Cubes just sucks

wrong. the cube's sound great if you know what you're doing, sure they can't compete with higher priced tube amps, but then again...that's why they're higher in price now aren't they? The Cube is a SS amp and is priced around $345. it's a great practice amp and good for doing small gigs. but if you can definitely get a better amp for more money. the Randall is around $550 so i'm guessing that is the amp that is pushing his budget. Out of the two, the Randall would be a much better choice.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Best for metal?

Mesa DC-5, Mark IV, Daul Rec, Triple Rec, Roadking
Diezel Herbert, VH-4
Bogner Uberschall
Peavey 5150/6505........

The list continues. But out of those you listed? Randall. Randall hands down.

EDIT: Damn. Forgot the:

Randall RG100 (or is it RH?)
Hughes and Kettner Triamp
Rivera Knucklehead Tre
Genz-Benz El Diablo
Diamond amps
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Last edited by stratman_13 at Jun 20, 2008,
I would go for the Randall. Those bands are all metalcore though. Deathcore is like suicide silence.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.