my friend wants to sell me his 150w solid state combo, But do you think 150w is too loud for bedroom playing?
definitely too loud for a room. i have a 60 watt tube amp and it is soo loud in my room.
Nothing is EVER too loud! I'd get it just incase you ever get in a band (guessing from the bedroom playing part). And also the bragging rights.
Well, it's solid state so there will be no sound quality loss from playing it quietly. Your not going to want to push those solid-state capacitors and diodes.

Plus if you ever get into a band or want to do something that you need to turn it up for, you'll have that option.

What amp is he selling you and for how much? There could always be a better deal.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
I use my 25 watt solid-state on like 2-3 volume.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Quote by .arkness:.
Well, it's solid state so there will be no sound quality loss from playing it quietly. Your not going to want to push those solid-state capacitors and diodes.

Plus if you ever get into a band or want to do something that you need to turn it up for, you'll have that option.

What amp is he selling you and for how much? There could always be a better deal.

Line 6 Flextone II for $60
Last edited by JoeIsTNA at Jun 20, 2008,
Solid states don't get very loud anyway. My 100 watt can barely beat a drummer. It will sound fine at a bedroom level with the volume lower than 2 or 3. A small tube combo can get louder than 150 watt solid state.
SPAM:

Good deals: rok-en-rol, truespin, ICFootball62, IndianScout, tinypants, HartRacer86, Huntred_67, Perandor, and many others from HC
Oh the flextone II. They're great amps, i own one myself. I have the 60watt combo with external cab bringing it to 100. I play it in my bedroom just fine.

For $60 that is a steal. Whoever is selling it has no idea or is very nice. Go for it.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Getit. Nao.

The Flextones are one of the best modelers out there. The only ones that actually sound like the amps they're imitating.

EDIT: $60 effing dollars?
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Its not loud unless you put the volume up. In my opinion, 150w is loud, but not too loud, but if your in an apartment, NO!
60$!

Go for it damn.
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
your fine
i have a 100w tube amp and you know how i keep it from being too loud?
i turn it down
see thats the secret most people forget
the volume knob actually does something
yes, 60 dollars, I think he is in a rush to get cash so I said 60 and he said deal, I think hes buying a Bogner or a 6505
Quote by JoeIsTNA
Line 6 Flextone II for $60

hell, if that's not a typo with a missing zero, definitely grab that amp. That's a bigtime steal for that amp. It's a really decent sounding SS amp if you dial it in.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
get thew amp now do it
Dan The Man Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians Only

Gear Fund 1000/ ???

Yes his name is Dan
Quote by Erock503
hell, if that's not a typo with a missing zero, definitely grab that amp. That's a bigtime steal for that amp. It's a really decent sounding SS amp if you dial it in.

+1
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia