ok so ive had this problem for ages

i have a epiphone g-400 and im using dunlop 0.10 - 0.56. but i also experience the same problem with other brand strings

ok so the problem is that the G string is not perfectly in tune

i tune the 3rd string to G. but on the 12th fret its a bit sharper.

i know that to resolve this problem i have to make the string longer by moving the saddle on the bridge. but i cant move it any further. its as far as it goes

i have come to think that maybe the problem lays with the truss rod. maybe its got to much of a curve making the strings shorter

but i dont wanna make any adjustments yet until im sure thats the problem.

any help please?? maybe the problem is something else

i only have problems with the G string.. thanks for reading
I have the same guitar and strings lol.

I just took mine to a guitar shop, they set it up real nice.
Signature temporarily empty
Then it's a problem with the neck. You'll have to adjust the truss rod. If you're uncomfortable doing so, take it to the shop.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
No, my dad took it there for me and I think they figured out the intonation problem on their own.

It wasn't a big deal for me because I play mostly metal rhythm guitar, which as you know generally only uses the bottom three strings.
Quote by Lord Of Donkeys
No, my dad took it there for me and I think they figured out the intonation problem on their own.

It wasn't a big deal for me because I play mostly metal rhythm guitar, which as you know generally only uses the bottom three strings.

What about when you want to play rhythm for a Necrophagist song? Should get it fixed because it may hurt when your playing a Necrophagist cover.
Quote by Crabs111
What about when you want to play rhythm for a Necrophagist song? Should get it fixed because it may hurt when your playing a Necrophagist cover.

Touché.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
Ah, yes. I don't really play Necrophagist though...I should get into that.