I've got a Mesa F-30. I bought it used and it came loaded with a V30. I play mainly classic rock and I love my mids, and I'm not a huge fan of bass. I was thinking I could improve my tone if I switch to something like a greenback, but then I saw what they cost. I looked up warehouse speakers and they make a "green beret" which is a greenback clone. 65$. Is it worth it, will it be an improvement to my tone, are these just cheap knockoffs? Consider that I can probably sell this v30 for 100 bucks and pay for the speaker so this isn't costing me anything.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Another question, if I got one it should just drop right in right since they're the same size?
Bumptron.

Will replacing the V30 cut out some of the overpowering bass I get?
I can't speak for the Green Beret, but I know that I managed to grab a pair of British Leads from Warehouse and I can't be any happier. People often say that they are the best bang-for-your-buck speakers, but I would take that a step further and say that they are some of the best out there period.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Thanks, can anyone tell me if they'll control the bass I get from the V30 I have now?
Warehouse seems to be definitely more mid-oriented.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden