I just bought a vintage Carvin X100B amp, it will be here in a few days. I currently own a Marshall AVT 50 half stack. My original thought was to sell the half stack and order a 212 Avatar Traditional Special with celestion V30's for $332 after shipping. I'm Thinking, now though, maybe keep the Marshall Cab and spend the money from the sale of the AVT50 head on an overdrive and some parts for a project Ibanez RG I'm working on. I know that the speakers in the cab are celestions, but they ain't V30s. The cab handles 200 watts, the head is 100 watts at full power. Do I keep the iffy 4x12 cab and buy parts or do I get a fresh new 2x12 with awesome Celestion V30 speakers and save for the other parts? What would you do?
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Are you playing metal? If not you might not want v30s. Either way, you could just replace the speakers in the cab you have now if it's decently put together.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Are you playing metal? If not you might not want v30s. Either way, you could just replace the speakers in the cab you have now if it's decently put together.

i'd say v30's can handle metal fine.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Quote by ugmung
i'd say v30's can handle metal fine.

+1
Member Of Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
Try the amp with your current cab first. If you can get all the sounds you need/want from the head without any extra OD, get a new cab. If not, use the cash and get what you need.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar