Cant think of an introduction paragraph for my report on fossil fuel

All i can think of is " In this report the author will be discussing fossil fuels and its effect on the environment"

One line =\
"Since the dawn of time, man has been exploiting fossil fuels..."

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Lord Of Donkeys
Don't EVER do that in a report!!

There is my advice to you.

Why?

Quote by darkstar2466
"Since the dawn of time, man has been exploiting fossil fuels..."

Quote by xFeatherx
"Fossil fuels are evil!!!!"

darkstar2466's is good to build on. It's simple and it works.
I love Cheezy Poofs, you love Cheezy Poofs,
If we didn't eat Cheezy Poofs, We'd be lame!

WHY SO SERIOUS SON!?
well, certain kinds of reports it's fine to...ugh, just disregard my earlier post.
Signature temporarily empty
Quote by KKING911
darkstar2466's is good to build on. It's simple and it works.

Oh lordy lord. No no no. Don't ever start a paper with cliches. There is nothing worse for an experienced reader to start reading a paper with some dumbass cliche.

For best results, just get right to the point.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Talk about some of the environmental issues and then go in for the thesis statement.
Cory is a girl's name too.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
maybe get out of school already
My favorite band is Tool.

Quote by dio_dude
despite the funny name, unknownpunkrock is the coolest 08'er.

Ibanez GRG
Vox AD30VT
Randall RG50TC
Takamine C128
Dano Wah
Yamaha S90
Quote by Final !mpact
All i can think of is " In this report the author will be discussing fossil fuels and its effect on the environment"

One line =\

Recently, Fossil fuels have been under fire as a major emitter of greenhouse gasses. In this report, the author will be discussing fossil fuels and their effect on the environment.

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Custom (Alpine White)
Roland Microcube

Hoping to get a Strat or Tele next.
"Fossils. Our most precious resource. They transport us one place to the other. Not because of fossil fuels, mind you.. I'm referring to obtaining Aerodactyl. All you have to do is give him the FLY HM and you're ready to go. Now lets talk a little bit about what Aerodactyl eats."
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
"Fossils. Our most precious resource. They transport us one place to the other. Not because of fossil fuels, mind you.. I'm referring to obtaining Aerodactyl. All you have to do is give him the FLY HM and you're ready to go. Now lets talk a little bit about what Aerodactyl eats."

I just about pissed myself in laughter!
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by Final !mpact

One line =\

WOW... epic fail right there!
Quote by Jack Off Jill

amazing
Let me tell you all a story about a man named Jed. He was a poor mountaineer who barely kept his family fed. Then one day he was shooting at some coons and up from the ground came a bubbling crude. Oil that is, "Black Gold," "Texas Tea," our most valuable and exploited natural resource.

that there is some sweet hot liquid money Subpop magic
My gear:
-Fender Jaguar HH
-Fender Fat Strat
-Guild GAD-G212
-Washburn D33S
-Vox AC30CC1 tube amp
-Vox 847 wah
-EH Big Muff
-EH Double Muff
-EH POG
-EH Small Clone
Quote by subpop
Let me tell you all a story about a man named Jed. He was a poor mountaineer who barely kept his family fed. Then one day he was shooting at some coons and up from the ground came a bubbling crude. Oil that is, "Black Gold," "Texas Tea," our most valuable and exploited natural resource.

that there is some sweet hot liquid money Subpop magic

What about semen?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Bad Final !mpact! Don't ever do that!

Is it just an informative essay, or is it persuasive?
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Quote by SOADrox429
Bad Final !mpact! Don't ever do that!

Is it just an informative essay, or is it persuasive?

Its an informative essay i guess.
Quote by Final !mpact
Its an informative essay i guess.

Okay, so you should try to avoid taking a side, unless you're going to present an argument for the other side later on. Give some kind of fact that would capture most people's attention. Something along the lines of, 'Did you know that that U.S. uses 1/4 of the world's oil?' or 'On average, XXXXX barrels of oil are harvested (I know there's a better word for it, but I can't think of it) each year.' should do pretty well. You could try to find a better one, though.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Quote by Final !mpact
" In this report the author will be discussing fossil fuels and its effect on the environment"

it's like youre introducing yourself in the third person...

some easy steps for a B
1. go to google
2. "quotes about fossil fuels"
3. select a succinct quote that sets the tone for your paper
4. 2-3 main ideas with 1-2 paragraphs each, with seperate intro and conclusion paragraphs
5. bull**** it up, include a bibliography with a bunch of long quotes so that you really only have to write like, 3-4 sentences per paragraph
6. cite the quotes like this "blah blah blah(4)" or some ****
7. utilize microsoft thesaurus
"Theres more in Canada than Saudi Arabia"

EDIT:
Quote by BabySnatcher
"Gimme fuel, gimme fire, gimme that which I desire!"

winner
'So how much does a penguin weigh? Enough to break the ice that's melting due to global climate change...'

Ta-daa
At the dawn of the Earth's creation, dinosaurs ROAMED THE PLANET, looking for their daily meal. Then one day a giant meteor struck Earth, leaving their remains to rot underground. Today, we use those rotten dinosaur corpses to make tiny explosions inside metal chariots to speed across barren landscapes of concrete and steel for easy and swift transportation. This angers our god, the Sun, and he is punishing us by ripping holes in the planetary underwear we call the atmosphere. This has led to a large public outcry, as well as a huge increase in awareness to the uses and effects of fossil fuels. The extent of this occurrence is so vast that our schoolteachers are using it as subject matter for their curriculum, leading me to write this paper which you are now reading. Hi Mrs. Jackson, please give me an A+!
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
At the dawn of the Earth's creation, dinosaurs ROAMED THE PLANET, looking for their daily meal. Then one day a giant meteor struck Earth, leaving their remains to rot underground. Today, we use those rotten dinosaur corpses to make tiny explosions inside metal chariots to speed across barren landscapes of concrete and steel for easy and swift transportation. This angers our god, the Sun, and he is punishing us by ripping holes in the planetary underwear we call the atmosphere. This has led to a large public outcry, as well as a huge increase in awareness to the uses and effects of fossil fuels. The extent of this occurrence is so vast that our schoolteachers are using it as subject matter for their curriculum, leading me to write this paper which you are now reading. Hi Mrs. Jackson, please give me an A+!

Someone is made of win tonight.
'IT was the best of times, it was the worst of times...' I think you can take it from there.