okay, so i made the stupid mistake of letting a friend borrow my half stack. the next day i go to get it back, he says that he thinks he "fried it"... that it started smoking and that he had unplugged it really quick and it left a fowl smell in the practice room. when i went to look, the left port on the cab was plugged into the right port on the head... and had a pretty fowl smell lingering inside the head... well i was anxious to see if it worked (after severely beating my friend over the head with a drum stick) and it turned on and everything, but the left ports no longer worked so i resorted to the right ports.... now when i turn it up, it makes this rattling sound, and just doesnt act like it did when i played it at guitar center...

my 30 day warrant is up...

what do i do?

any thoughts on what might be wrong with it, and do you think it could be a D.I.Y. kind of thing??

Force your idiot friend to buy you a new one.

Oh, and inb4 spider IIIs suck
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by zippidyduda
Force your idiot friend to buy you a new one.

Oh, and inb4 spider IIIs suck

THIS.
Apparently those line 6 spider III halfstacks break when you turn them up, even to low volumes.
Get an MG.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
i took it back already for it ****ing up, after i turned it up...

im starting to get a little skeptical..

as if i can afford a marshall halfstack!

and to everyone saying "force him!",
ive already beatin the **** outta him twice, and still have no cash from him... any thoughts on that?

excuse my stupidity..... mg?
No, we're not serious.

Please don't EVER consider a Marshall MG..
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
Quote by Lead_for_life
i took it back already for it ****ing up, after i turned it up...

im starting to get a little skeptical..

as if i can afford a marshall halfstack!

and to everyone saying "force him!",
ive already beatin the **** outta him twice, and still have no cash from him... any thoughts on that?

excuse my stupidity..... mg?

I was just kidding. Stay away from anything that says MG on it. Even stay away from Magnesium.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by Lead_for_life
why is that?

are they as ****ty as line 6?

worse. Kids go buy the MG halfstacks, because they have the Marshall name on them.

so seriously speaking here...

what is a better half stack that is atleast reasonable for the price...

and dont say "get a combo".... i want a half stack!
Quote by Lead_for_life
so seriously speaking here...

what is a better half stack that is atleast reasonable for the price...

and dont say "get a combo".... i want a half stack!

I say neither.

Get a Valveking, put an OD pedal in front of it, and lead it into an Avatar 2x12 loaded with V30s.

Have fun googling the terms if you're new to this kind of stuff.

EDIT: Oh, and you might want an amp stand or something to direct the speakers at your face. Otherwise, you're going to think your setup sounds like sh!t, when it really sounds great if it's level with your ears.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
v30's for a nu metal tone?

matter of the fact, im still a bit in the dark about tube amps

so i guess you can say im new to this
Quote by Lead_for_life
v30's for a nu metal tone?

matter of the fact, im still a bit in the dark about tube amps

so i guess you can say im new to this

Ah. Do some lurking around these forums, and get in as much research as you can before spending any more money. Good luck!
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
Please dont buy a half-stack just because you can. Plainly thats just dumb. Tube combo ftw. Trust me on this youll greatly appreciate it more. +1 for the vk and od idea. Get the 112 and youll like it way more then any line 6, marshall, or crate pos half-stack.
Guitar: Ibanez Rg 2ex2/ with Dizmarzio Super Distortion
Amp: Peavey Valveking 212 (replacing soon)
Pedals: Planet Waves Tuner, Boss DS-1, Digitech DF-7, MXR-108 EQ
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
I was just kidding. Stay away from anything that says MG on it. Even stay away from Magnesium.

One of my lacrosse shafts has traces of Manganese in it, does that count?
Quote by leeb rocks
SO I'VE BEEN BALLS DEEP IN MYSELF THIS WHOLE TlME?!?!
will tube combos pump out enough volume to over power my drummer?

(yea, i really am in the dark about amplifiers, excuse my stupidity)
I feel so glad im finally getting rid of my spider 2 combo. it was such a bad amp.
Quote by Lead_for_life

I have a Peavey Valveking 212, all stock, and haven't turned it up to 2. I practice with a drummer at least once a week. So yes they are really loud.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Oh it will be loud enough! 50 tube watts is perfect for a band setting. Im figuring you play metal so some amps would be the Peavey Valveking, B-52 At, Randall Rg50tc, Bugera, and if you can stretch it a 5150 combo. All of these are combo tube amps. But if you can afford any of those in the head forms then go for it. Combos are just easier at times sometimes though. Though heads and cabs are fine just if you buy good ones and not cheap ss half-stacks like the line 6 and mg.
Guitar: Ibanez Rg 2ex2/ with Dizmarzio Super Distortion
Amp: Peavey Valveking 212 (replacing soon)
Pedals: Planet Waves Tuner, Boss DS-1, Digitech DF-7, MXR-108 EQ
Quote by Lead_for_life

I have a VK 112 and it's definitely loud enough to be heard of a drummer. It's really a great amp, especially for the price : )
DRINK APPLE JUICE
O.J. will kill you
I've got a Line 6 Spider II 2X12, and to all Line 6 haters out there, I have to say. I love the tone I get out of it. and its a hell of a lot better than a Marshall MG (and some other Marshalls) I find that it has amazing cleans and distortion. I wouldn't trade it in for anything. But if I ever had to buy a new amp I'd get a Mesa Triple Rectifier
I don't need a signature to tell you I don't need a signature!
You take it to Guitar Gear & Accessories
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...