so im looking to get an acoustic guitar, but im not exactly sure what the best options for myself are (i dont have the same knowledge for acoustics as i do with electrics).

i like classical, spanish and flamenco guitar styles i would like a guitar to give me a better tone and help me explore that style more, but i also want something that has the versatility of a normal acoustic that just has the that fat resonating sound for strummed chords.

my budget is probably up to $1000.

any ideas?
I know that Takamine has some great classical/nylon guitars, and those are perfect for your style. I might look into a Takamine 132S for mainly flamenco and spanish stuff
But for more versatility I would probably buy a Takamine EG522C
Hope I helped
well, since you're into classical, spanish, and flamenco styles, i would definately reccommend a classical guitar. highly. im not too knowledgeable on what's good and such, but really its all down to what you like, try out a bunch of guitars and find what you like, it's the best way to find the right guitar for you.
check this guitar out looks awesome has a cutaway making it versatile and it looks cool as hell XD

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Cordoba-Koa-Cutaway-Classical-AE-Guitar?sku=512782
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
Quote by stefan1988
check this guitar out looks awesome has a cutaway making it versatile and it looks cool as hell XD

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Cordoba-Koa-Cutaway-Classical-AE-Guitar?sku=512782

yeah that one is pretty cool. i think id prefer a single cutaway shaped guitar. i own a les paul and i find that more comfortable sitting or standing.

i would also like it to be an acousic/electric. i know u can get normal acoustics like that, but what about classical ones?

thanks for all ur help anyway guys. i think im gonna have to go down to the local music store to try out various ones, but this has given me a few ideas.
urgh im a moron. i just looked at that link again.
Gear:

Epiphone Zakk Wylde Signature Les Paul Custom
Ibanez RG

Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100

Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Digitech Whammy IV
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Boss DD-20 Delay

Line6 Pod X3
I think you want to stay away from flamenco guitars, since I doubt you know and would like how they sound.
They have a very dry sometimes painfully bright and usually loud sound, whereas classical guitar can sound clear as well as warm - whatever you want to buy there are lots of variations. A good flamenco guitar however can very likely be well over your budget.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club