Hi guys,

I have kinda lost my direction and motivation to play guitar. I stopped guitar lessons and practicing for about 3-4 months so that i could go for flying training. But after i finished it, i cant regain the pace and motivation i had previously.

Yesterday i tried to improvise a solo over the chords for Paranoid, and my mind was totally blank.. I was at a loss of what to play, inspiration-less.

How can i get over this? I am sure i am not the only one who has faced this kind of problem, be it at guitaring or any other hobby.

Thanks in advance.
Gear
MIJ Fender '57 Stratocaster
Vox AD15VT
PodXT Live
Lay off Guitar for a while. Expand on your music instead! Listen to other bands...
That helped me finally get the intro riff down in Laid to Rest - Lamb of God.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
Quote by iTzMaTT
Lay off Guitar for a while. Expand on your music instead! Listen to other bands...
That helped me finally get the intro riff down in Laid to Rest - Lamb of God.

Haha, I remember the first time I tried to learn that song. Sitting there with my friend and complaining about how damn hard it was. Of course, now I can play most Lamb Of God stuff with ease, but that's another story.

About your problem, I would say ignite your passion for music. Cause if you want to be passionate about your guitar playing, you need to be passionate about music. Find a band or guitarist who just inspires you and you get excited whenever you start talking or thinking about them. Once you've got that kind of passion, you should just naturally want to play guitar.
sig goes here
A band that comes to my mind is Iron Maiden.. Its the band that got me interested in metal and made me pick up guitar..

I have the passion for music, i would say. Because when im free, i want to play the guitar. Its just that i pick it up and dont know what to do with it.. My soloing has become very poor because of the long break, my fingers have become slower and my confidence is not there anymore.

I have to learn more licks, and get confident. But i dont know the best way to do it.
Gear
MIJ Fender '57 Stratocaster
Vox AD15VT
PodXT Live
Ah, well that's simple. Practice routine my friend. Guitar is like riding a bike; even if you don't play it for a while, it only takes a short time to get back to where you used to be. So, I'd advise some chromatic exercises every day and a bit of theoretical study every day.
sig goes here
Play along with a song you know how to play, and can play easily.
If you have the ability, speed the song up, and still try and play it.
You don't have to be fast to be good.
Quote by leeb rocks
SO I'VE BEEN BALLS DEEP IN MYSELF THIS WHOLE TlME?!?!
I believe Joe Bonamassa said he had quit guitar for 10 YEARS before getting back into it.

That said, when you are ready, it will come...