I'm looking at either an LTD M-1000, or the ESP M-II NTB. The ESP is not completely out my price range, but I'm not sure if I want to spend the extra $800 or more not sure what the shipping is. I can't try either out cause there's no dealers around where I live. Also would there be any way to get a different inlay on the ESP? I just don't like plain dots. So is the ESP that much better?
Yes, the esp is better. Much higher quality of woods and very high craftsmanship that's shadowed only by their custom shop.

And unless you want a custom, you're stuck with dots.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
ltd is the the entry brand of esp in a since ithink they use the same materials but im not sure, also if you want custom inlays you can use the custom order sheet on their site might set you back a couple extra hundered, ive never played and esp or an ltd but their the same companies just made in different areas and different materials unles you custom order them i believe
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
ESP are made in America I believe whereas LTD are made in Korea. Ltd are almost just as good with a few minor differences. However if you are going to get an Ltd make sure you get the highest Ltd model (ie. 400 series instead of 200 series) Honestly I wouldnt spend an extra $800 on an ESP over LTD and those two models are so similar it is unbelievable. The only difference is Gotoh tuners on ESP and Grovers on Ltd, and then a flamed maple top and cooler inlays on the Ltd. Go for the Ltd, you won't regret it, plus with the money you save you can get a sick amp or other stuff.
ESP's are made in Japan and LTD's are made in Korea.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Yeah go with the LTD, not much of a difference and LTDs are good quality.

The m-1000 is sweet looking, I wish I could afford one.
i think ltds dont always comewith active emgs like the ESPs do, but im not sure thats a good bit of difference in price right there
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Quote by Pepperommi
ESP are made in America I believe whereas LTD are made in Korea. Ltd are almost just as good with a few minor differences. However if you are going to get an Ltd make sure you get the highest Ltd model (ie. 400 series instead of 200 series) Honestly I wouldnt spend an extra $800 on an ESP over LTD and those two models are so similar it is unbelievable. The only difference is Gotoh tuners on ESP and Grovers on Ltd, and then a flamed maple top and cooler inlays on the Ltd. Go for the Ltd, you won't regret it, plus with the money you save you can get a sick amp or other stuff.

Ok yeah I'll do this. I did notice the specs were very similar, but I wanted to make sure that I wasn't just stupid and not understanding what they said.
Quote by F8iscruel
i think ltds dont always comewith active emgs like the ESPs do, but im not sure thats a good bit of difference in price right there

All of the highest models of each type of LTD has emg actives.