I am having trouble with guitar pro. I downloaded a tab file and I am trying to read it. The tab portion is fine but the music notation portion is not. It is showing the wrong notes! The tab is showing a D being played, and that is what is playing, but the actual music notation is wrong by two semitones. How do I visually transpose the notes to their right position?

Thanks
check teh tuning of teh guitar
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
The tuning and tab are right.

This is an example using a single note. However every note in the music notation is wrong.
For example, the guitar's low E string (standard) has been dropped to a D (dropped D). The tab is indicating to play the 7th fret - the note A. I play the 7th fret on the guitar (I am dropped D) and it is the same note I hear from guitar pro. However there is a B on the music notation staff (right above tab in guitar pro). The music notation is wrong, but the tab is right. however, I would prefer not to read tab and rather read the music notation. I need to somehow visually place all the notes two semitones lower than they are showing up.

Thanks
the Guitar Pro standard notation reads the frets as if it were in standard notation, not the notes themselves
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
oh I see.

Damn that sucks. No getting around that?

Well I changed the instruments all to standard guitar tuning so now at least the music notation is right even if the tab is now "wrong" (playing a dropped D song, but it's giving frets in standard tuning). I guess I will have to settle with this.
Quote by max97230
oh I see.

Damn that sucks. No getting around that?

Well I changed the instruments all to standard guitar tuning so now at least the music notation is right even if the tab is now "wrong" (playing a dropped D song, but it's giving frets in standard tuning). I guess I will have to settle with this.

well maybe its cause its drop d

try it in 2 full steps down (C standard)
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
ya definitely caused by the alternate tuning. I changed to C and all the notes were up 2 more semitones