This isn't about what should I play at this gig type thing.
Thing is, we're a trash metal band, playing at a party where most if not all listen to today's pop, one of the 3 girls hosting the party at a local bar has given us the thumbs up, so now we have a place to play. We have discussed a few songs to cover since our band had fallen to ashes and we're giving it another go, we have about a month to learn all the songs (we're thinking around 4 so we'll be making it a 20 minute or so set).
Now the problem is, since we're playing metal, and their stuff is more on the pop and rap side. What ballad should we look forward into playing.
Suggestions would be greatly appreciated oh and no Stairway... that's just too long and gets sort of dull after the first 5 mins.
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!
fade to black!!
Quote by LaGrange
Shouldnt have said the unspoken words of MG in the pit. Now look at what ya dun.

Quote by Mecler
A guitar made of wood?
That's such a ****ing brilliant idea!
maybe some hendrix, nirvana, immigrant song by zeppelin something that's noticeable by people that don't necessarily listen to that type of music, but is still legit.
psychedelic.
Ballad?
Quote by 68_SG
Ballad?

like I said fade to black
your a thrash metal band Fade to black is a ballad type song by a thrash metal band
but if that does not work go for a hair metal ballad like every rose has its thorn or heaven by warrant
Quote by LaGrange
Shouldnt have said the unspoken words of MG in the pit. Now look at what ya dun.

Quote by Mecler
A guitar made of wood?
Quote by punkmetalA7X91
like I said fade to black
your a thrash metal band Fade to black is a ballad type song by a thrash metal band
but if that does not work go for a hair metal ballad like every rose has its thorn or heaven by warrant

lol, I understood your post, It was originated to the other one telling me to play some nirvana, which is in my opinion one of the worst bands, ever.
oh ok
Quote by LaGrange

Quote by Mecler
A guitar made of wood?
Quote by 68_SG
lol, I understood your post, It was originated to the other one telling me to play some nirvana, which is in my opinion one of the worst bands, ever.

im not a nirvana fan by any means but im just thinking of tunes that people who dont know much about older music can identify, because id rather play smells like teen spirit than coldplay or **** like that, you know what i mean?
psychedelic.
Age range of the attending crowd would be critical. 80's rock/metal had a lot of available stuff if it's a 30+ crowd. AC/DC, Poison, Cinderella, etc. But if that stuff would make the crowd go "huh?", then try some Blink182, maybe some Offspring or Greenday.

Try asking the hostess what kind of stuff she's looking for and see if some can cross over to at least the fringes of your bands genre.
Quote by cheapr2keepr
Age range of the attending crowd would be critical. 80's rock/metal had a lot of available stuff if it's a 30+ crowd. AC/DC, Poison, Cinderella, etc. But if that stuff would make the crowd go "huh?", then try some Blink182, maybe some Offspring or Greenday.

Try asking the hostess what kind of stuff she's looking for and see if some can cross over to at least the fringes of your bands genre.

hmmm, that could work... I'd rather have fun and seeing the crowd go "huh? this stuff is good " Thanks for your help I'll talk to the drummer as soon as he wakes up
Geez.... it sounds like the audience is going to hate about 80% of your set. Just do what you do best and go with it. Doing one song they like won't make the haters like you any more.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.