If ur Canadian and or even if ur not. check this out. this is not just for the illegal "free" downloading (wink, wink) this bill could effect the locks on cds, dvds, etc so we would only be able to take a cd bought at Future Shop and put it on one device (PC, ipod). Same with DVD (psp). i can understand us downloading illegally but if i go to a store and buy a cd, i should be able to put that on as many devices as i want.

http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2008/06/12/tech-copyright.html
音乐是生活
Music is Life

Ibanez RG2550Z, Edwards Jimmy Page LP Relic Custom, 06 Fender Clapton SS, Line6 Spider III 112, Peavey Classic 30, Boss HD-1, Boss Green Label Chorus, Boss SD1 Overdrive, MXR Fuzz, Blues Breaker
i think canada is a great country, but thats some bull**** man. take to the streets and protest.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
First they say it's legal to download media from the internet, now they are trying to say that its illegal to download music or even copy music you have purchased. I think their will be immense amounts of public protest against this bill.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Quote by HyperBoy2519
i think canada is a great country, but thats some bull**** man. take to the streets and protest.

ah dude it is modeled after the Americans law, but not as harsh... dude read or listen to the news so u dont get ur azz in jail
音乐是生活
Music is Life

Ibanez RG2550Z, Edwards Jimmy Page LP Relic Custom, 06 Fender Clapton SS, Line6 Spider III 112, Peavey Classic 30, Boss HD-1, Boss Green Label Chorus, Boss SD1 Overdrive, MXR Fuzz, Blues Breaker
Only one copy is friggin ridiculous, what if you get a new ipod? do you have to buy the CD again?
Hahahaha silly Canadia
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
Quote by Mudmen190
Curse The American Influence!!!

Dont look at us, we wouldn't stoop to that level, thats all Canadas fault
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Americans, must i say it one more time. this bill is a copy of what you have in place now! if you purchased the The Beatles Love cd you would noticed that it is copy protected, meaning not even transferable to ur mp3 once.
Since all the record companies are based in usa we get screwed with ur laws too.
音乐是生活
Music is Life

and might i add you the american's screwed up the poker/sports/online gambling industries and for that i will never forgive you
音乐是生活
Music is Life

I'll still download, what are they gonna do... sue a 16 year old who has no money himself or parents have no money? They wish.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by ehwalled
Americans, must i say it one more time. this bill is a copy of what you have in place now! if you purchased the The Beatles Love cd you would noticed that it is copy protected, meaning not even transferable to ur mp3 once.
Since all the record companies are based in usa we get screwed with ur laws too.

People buy music?

I download music so it doesn't affect me.
That's absolute bullshit.

God, that sucks.

I've been downloading a shitload the past few weeks too.
But we can still get that stuff off CD's it won't matter. We can still steal it. We'll jsut start turning to Russia for everything, like we do with these damn "illegal" tabs :P

Quote by punkman_123

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
lol u people act like everyone in the US voted the bill in

but over half of us still download it

wait these tabs are illegal
Last edited by deckerbastard69 at Jun 21, 2008,
our tabs might sneak under cause we create a version or the song. it is not perfect to the artists notes, right?
音乐是生活
Music is Life

That's why all those other websites got taken down. I can't remember any specific examples but heaps got broken. I reckon Drumandbass.com or something similar was one of the first to go.

EDIT:

and to the guy above me, no it's still illegal, as we're copying their songs. Whether we do it well or not doesn't matter. In Australia clubs now have to pay everytime a song is covered live at a gig. I'm not sure what it's like in America but we're told not to play no covers if possible. But I normally throw one or two in.

Quote by punkman_123

Quote by ZanasCross
wtf is frostwire?
音乐是生活
Music is Life

Quote by ehwalled
and might i add you the american's screwed up the poker/sports/online gambling industries and for that i will never forgive you

You can thank Bill Frist for that.
can you still get fined if you have files that you downloaded before this bill was introduced?!
Quote by ehwalled
wtf is frostwire?

It's like Limewire with a couple of advantages.

That copy protection for cds is just retarded, I'll probably just go back to only downloading stuff if I can't do what I want with something I bought aside from selling copies of it.