ok so I have money for a good used amp. I am looking in LA craigslist...so I found someone selling a crate american vintage club (as they call it..not sure if it means its made in the US, or what..) for 250. and I also found a peavey windsor with the cab and some other things that I dont need, for like 400....which has is the better for the price?

I like punk rock, modern rock and some hard rock not much metal. hardest thing I do is underoath..

sadly I wont be able to hear it, since I am not in LA, my dad will buy it...so yeah...thanks.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Can't say much about the crate since I haven't heard it, but as far as I know, the Windsor is great for hard rock/modern rock.

Can't help ya on which would be better on the price though, since I haven't played the Crate.
is the classic 30 really good for hard rock? I have heard some on like youtube, and it always sound kind of bluesy...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Quote by fifer
is the classic 30 really good for hard rock? I have heard some on like youtube, and it always sound kind of bluesy...

It can get Sabbath heavy on its own. With an OD I think it can do Metallica decently.
oo ok. well I have a vox ac30. I am looking for something with more gain than that...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
well I think something like pop punk/punk rock. as much as underoath.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
The AC30 should handle your punk stuff, so i'd go for the windsor for harder stuff.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by fifer
well I think something like pop punk/punk rock. as much as underoath.

The Classic 30 should most likely have enough for that but if not you can get an OD pedal. Maybe a Valveking 112 but it has a bit of a different voicing. Are you looking for like maybe the tone from It's Dangerous Business Walking Out Your Front Door?
Quote by maggot2011
The Classic 30 should most likely have enough for that but if not you can get an OD pedal. Maybe a Valveking 112 but it has a bit of a different voicing. Are you looking for like maybe the tone from It's Dangerous Business Walking Out Your Front Door?

that song is something like what I want..also like the song in regards to myself...

I heard that the vintage club is supposed to sound sort of like a mesa something...not sure.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Quote by darkarbiter7
The AC30 should handle your punk stuff, so i'd go for the windsor for harder stuff.

Well honestly I think he should go with the C30. It's just an all around amazing amp. TS it should be able to do that. Great song as well .
Quote by maggot2011
Well honestly I think he should go with the C30. It's just an all around amazing amp. TS it should be able to do that. Great song as well .

well, Ive heard that the classic 30 is quite like the ac30. does it really have more gain?
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Quote by maggot2011

It is amazing, but I thought he should just go with something a bit more different than his AC30. That's why I recommended the windsor.

But, the C30 is a great amp.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by fifer
well, Ive heard that the classic 30 is quite like the ac30. does it really have more gain?

Well I haven't compared them but I believe the ac30 is a hybrid which means the C30 will have better tone. But it's all preference so no matter what anyone says you have to try out all amps that you can before you decide.
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=753992&highlight=classic+30+last+amp

There's more info on the amp if you're honestly interested. Whole thread about it. You can ask questions about it as I'm sure owners would know more.
ok, thanks. I will take this all into consideration.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
um.. the ac30 is a full tube amp. the AD30 is a hybrid. AC30s are pretty awesome imo but not that high gain.