I need suggestions of something real cheap so that I can record my guitar onto my computer, and put parts over it. Currently its extremely difficult creating songs without another guitar player handy, and it would be very convenient if i was able to record my own music with okay quality and then present to my band.
Quote by brockg1214
I need suggestions of something real cheap so that I can record my guitar onto my computer, and put parts over it. Currently its extremely difficult creating songs without another guitar player handy, and it would be very convenient if i was able to record my own music with okay quality and then present to my band.

Uhh audacity

duh

and use one of these
http://www.electronicsnmore.com/images/caa18.gif

plug your guitar into your amp
and use your amps Ax out/headphone out
and plug that into the adapter than that adapter into your Cpu's Mic in

then use audacity to record
Alright thanks a lot! That audacity program looks really neat, i will have to try it out tomorrow.
KRISTAL is a free recording program on the internet.. it's not the best, but it's pretty simple. now all you need to do is either buy a cheap microphone, or get an adapter to plug your guitar straight into your microphone port. it won't sound good plugged straight in, but you can use your amp's effects loop to plug that into the pc if you have it.

EDIT: don't worry, the other guy pretty much explained everything i just said.
Quote by hightension01
Uhh audacity

duh

and use one of these
http://www.electronicsnmore.com/images/caa18.gif

plug your guitar into your amp
and use your amps Ax out/headphone out
and plug that into the adapter than that adapter into your Cpu's Mic in

then use audacity to record

How does the cable from the headphone out to the adapter look like?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by Broken-pick
How does the cable from the headphone out to the adapter look like?

just use a standard guitar cable, from the headphone out, to the adapter.