yeah here's my gear:
2006 Fender Mexican Stratocaster
ESP LTD Explorer EX-260
Marshall MG 100 HDFX with 412 A Cab
EHX Small Clone, Boss DD-3, MXR Phase 90, Ibanez TS-9DX, EHX Metal Muff, Boss DS-1, Dunlop Crybaby, Boss TU-2

there's a bunch of things on my gas list, but i was wondering what people would think would be the best order to buy them in
so here are the things i'm looking to buy:
new amp (obviously, i'm thinking maybe a jcm 900?, i play a little blues, a lot of classic/hard rock, and some thrash metal)
isp decimator
boss dd-7
than two different pedals to replace the ds-1 and metal muff which i'll toss when i get the new amp
i was maybe thinking one of those a little big muff?
i'm unsure maybe a flanger?
any suggestions are welcomed
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
i say go for a new amp.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
i think a new amp is in order chuck out the mg

from what ive heard the jcm would be good for you as long as youre not using many cleans
Dan The Man Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians Only

Gear Fund 1000/ ???

Yes his name is Dan
If you go more for classic/hard rock and some thrash, you might want to shoot for the JCM 800 instead.

Sell off the DS-1 and Metal Muff and don't replace them with something like the Little Big Muff. The TS-9 should give you plenty of drive.

As for a flanger, decide how much you'd actually use it, and then it's really up to you. I've tried the Ibanez FL-9 and Boss BF-3, and personally liked both of them, so those would be my recommendations.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by Dan shreds
from what ive heard the jcm would be good for you as long as youre not using many cleans

Really? All the 900s I've tried had pretty good cleans. I know a few people who would even say they're the best cleans you can get on the modern Marshalls, maybe it's only certain series though, dunno.

I'd say if blues isn't too big of an issue tone wise, go with a JCM800 instead if you don't need cleans. If you do, 900 should be good, but there's also other options like the Peavey Classic 30, etc.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
i forgot to mention that the amp would be first, thats actually kind of a no brainer... lol sorry
i kinda mean after that?
plus i might look to replace my explorer with a standard gibson one, or if i get lucky a 84' reissue one
seeing clips of the fl-9 looked amazing
and idk the muff would be for a fuzz? or a different kind of distortion?
i would get a 800 but i need two channels, reverb, effects loop, and good cleans
that kinda rules it out....
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by MatrixClaw
Really? All the 900s I've tried had pretty good cleans. I know a few people who would even say they're the best cleans you can get on the modern Marshalls, maybe it's only certain series though, dunno.

I'd say if blues isn't too big of an issue tone wise, go with a JCM800 instead if you don't need cleans. If you do, 900 should be good, but there's also other options like the Peavey Classic 30, etc.

yeah i use cleans, or maybe cleans with a clean boost with my tubescreamer about 50 percent of the time i play, the other 50 is split between all those od's
sorry i get a little offended when you call it a modern marshall lol
only because most modern marshall's are complete disgraces.. (mg, avt, jcm 2000's..etc.)
blues isn't too big of a deal but like i said i really HAVE to have footswitchable cleans
i would get a classic 30, its like the only amp on here (in the price range) that i've NEVER heard get bashed down, its seriously seems like a perfect amp, EXCEPT the whole metal thing.... lol
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
so basically the list is: (after the amp)
decimator
dd-7
possible little big muff
maybe a flanger
explorer
or other suggestions?
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
The ts9 is a great pedal.
It should be in every guitarists rig IMO. Or something similar. It made my setup MUCH better.
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
yeah i own
i guess another thing to add to the list would be upgrading my ts-9dx to a maxon 808?
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
yeah i own
i guess another thing to add to the list would be upgrading my ts-9dx to a maxon 808?

Oh, sorry i didn't see. When i went to try the ts9 out, there was the 808. The very helpful guy asked hwich one i would try out. I said, is there much difference. He replied with, a little bit, but its not worth the extra 150 bucks if you ask me. So personally i wouldn't, but i dont know about the maxon. Try before you buy always if you ask me.
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
Quote by b00m_
Oh, sorry i didn't see. When i went to try the ts9 out, there was the 808. The very helpful guy asked hwich one i would try out. I said, is there much difference. He replied with, a little bit, but its not worth the extra 150 bucks if you ask me. So personally i wouldn't, but i dont know about the maxon. Try before you buy always if you ask me.

ah i see, wait did you try both or are you going from the employee's opinion?
ah oh well my local shop has a ts 808 which i want to try out
if its like the maxon 808 than i'll get a taste of what its like
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
ah i see, wait did you try both or are you going from the employee's opinion?
ah oh well my local shop has a ts 808 which i want to try out
if its like the maxon 808 than i'll get a taste of what its like

I didn't try out the ts808. I wish i did though, compare them side my side. But i know i wouldn't have bought the 808. I dont want to pay an extra 150 which the audience most likely won't even notice the difference, unless they play guitar.
Quote by atr5557
Quote by b00m_
I didn't try out the ts808. I wish i did though, compare them side my side. But i know i wouldn't have bought the 808. I dont want to pay an extra 150 which the audience most likely won't even notice the difference, unless they play guitar.

no actually i think its more about what you want to hear, not what the audience cares
who cares what they think
plus the ts-9 is 100
the ts-808 is 160
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
no actually i think its more about what you want to hear, not what the audience cares
who cares what they think
plus the ts-9 is 100
the ts-808 is 160

I guess, but for the music i play the difference doesn't matter much. My tone is perfect as it is right now and i'm very very happy with it.
Also, I'm in Australia, so prices are ++++
TS9 = around 180
Quote by atr5557
A regular Big Muff would be better than a little big muff. The LBM doesn't have the same bite that the regular one has, and it has a buffered bypass instead of true bypass.

It can give you a good classic rock tone, and not as fizzy as the Fuzz Face imo. Really good for stuff like Mountain, Foghat, Cream, etc. It really shines in the Modern Rock catagory, though, especially garage rock.

I don't know how it would sound through a JCM, but it sounds great through a AC30, a Classic 30/50 and a Peavey Delta Blues.
Quote by b00m_
I guess, but for the music i play the difference doesn't matter much. My tone is perfect as it is right now and i'm very very happy with it.
Also, I'm in Australia, so prices are ++++
TS9 = around 180

ah it is a matter of preference
hmm that sucks
sorry about that

Quote by imgooley
A regular Big Muff would be better than a little big muff. The LBM doesn't have the same bite that the regular one has, and it has a buffered bypass instead of true bypass.

It can give you a good classic rock tone, and not as fizzy as the Fuzz Face imo. Really good for stuff like Mountain, Foghat, Cream, etc. It really shines in the Modern Rock catagory, though, especially garage rock.

I don't know how it would sound through a JCM, but it sounds great through a AC30, a Classic 30/50 and a Peavey Delta Blues.

well the problem for me is board space
i don't have the room for the regular, so i could only really get the lbm
plus i would imagine that buffered bypass doesn't do much if anything to your tone
well if i'm not mistaken all three of those amps are somewhat similar to the jcm?
well kinda
if you ignore voicing lol
thanks for the advice
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon

well the problem for me is board space
i don't have the room for the regular, so i could only really get the lbm
plus i would imagine that buffered bypass doesn't do much if anything to your tone
well if i'm not mistaken all three of those amps are somewhat similar to the jcm?
well kinda
if you ignore voicing lol
thanks for the advice

Ah, I kinda figured that. Well, the LBM would be a good fit. Also look into a couple boutique fuzzes, especially the Fuzz Factory, the Earthquaker Devices Hoof Fuzz, and Bostonrocks' fuzzes. They all sound exceptional, IMO.
Quote by imgooley
Ah, I kinda figured that. Well, the LBM would be a good fit. Also look into a couple boutique fuzzes, especially the Fuzz Factory, the Earthquaker Devices Hoof Fuzz, and Bostonrocks' fuzzes. They all sound exceptional, IMO.

yeah i haven't tried other fuzzes, but instantly the reason i liked the muff the best is because it isn't 100 percent fuzz, its like got his own tone you know?
thats what i like about it
yeah i bet bostonrocks are good, he knows what he's doing lol
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
yeah i haven't tried other fuzzes, but instantly the reason i liked the muff the best is because it isn't 100 percent fuzz, its like got his own tone you know?
thats what i like about it
yeah i bet bostonrocks are good, he knows what he's doing lol

Definitely hear you on that, that's why I bought one. I like the way it sounds with one fuzz going into the Muff. Really interesting.
Get the JCM900 or something similar (sounds like a gd amp for you tho) and start from there, you might not even want to buy anything else after that.
Quote by imgooley
Definitely hear you on that, that's why I bought one. I like the way it sounds with one fuzz going into the Muff. Really interesting.

wait so you used the muff, and ANOTHER fuzz?
that would be interesting.....

Quote by vitchb
Get the JCM900 or something similar (sounds like a gd amp for you tho) and start from there, you might not even want to buy anything else after that.

true, i should do that, and i am, (check sig lol) and i know i will get a decimator, and PROBABLY the dd-7 for sure
than after that i'll either replace the od, mod the wah, or a get a muff
i'm thinking
pretty simple
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
sorry i get a little offended when you call it a modern marshall lol
only because most modern marshall's are complete disgraces.. (mg, avt, jcm 2000's..etc.)

Haha it's cool, I agree with you, I don't like any of the current run of Marshall amps except some of the reissues.

I only refer to it as a modern marshall because I consider them more modern voiced than something like a JTM45, etc. and they were made more recently and have quite a bit of gain.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com