Well, heres the dilemma.
I own a Fender Mexican fat strat, and at first i wanted to put in a Gibson 57 Classic Plus pickup in the bridge. But after talking to my local music shop buddy, he informed me that Gibson and Fender make their pick ups completely opposite each other so putting in a Gibson at the bridge while keeping the fender pickups stock is a terrible idea.

What pick up should i get thats sound is comparable to the Gibson?
I want a solid distortion for a power pop type sound, but not heavy like metal and such (I already have a Jackson Dinky with active EMG's).

-Sean
MY GEAR:
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
Fender MIM Fat Stratocaster
Peavey ValveKing halfstack
Samick Acoustic
...You can put a Gibson pup in a Fender... it's how EVH got his sound.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I've always thought that the good old DiMarzio D-Activator made a good distortion sound. The only problem with that and the Strat is that you'll have to carve out a new pick-up cavity. Failing that, you can by a Les Paul
Quote by bokma
My first time hasn't come yet.. but when I does, I'm gonna die of stage fright

Quote by acdcgod3
Well, heres the dilemma.
I own a Fender Mexican fat strat, and at first i wanted to put in a Gibson 57 Classic Plus pickup in the bridge. But after talking to my local music shop buddy, he informed me that Gibson and Fender make their pick ups completely opposite each other so putting in a Gibson at the bridge while keeping the fender pickups stock is a terrible idea.

What pick up should i get thats sound is comparable to the Gibson?
I want a solid distortion for a power pop type sound, but not heavy like metal and such (I already have a Jackson Dinky with active EMG's).

-Sean

Your buddy is a moron. You can put a normal humbucker in there, it'll work fine.
They're not "opposite" of each other. The humbucker will just have slightly different string spacing. It's barely a difference, the pickups will still work.

That said, the Gibson is overpriced, and not suited for you. I would get a Seymour Duncan TB-11. Great for any kind of rock applications when it comes to fattening up a Strat's tone. Plus, it's a trembucker version, so the string spacing WILL be correct.