Page 1 of 2
Didn't find a thread like it, so here goes.

For those of you who've just finished high school, what university will you be attending? What do you plan to major in? Will you be living on campus? For those of you already in a university or have received your degrees, advice on dorming, studying, and everything else would be helpful.

Edit: Share your experiences as well.
Quote by Kensai
I know a good joke:

Women's rights.
Quote by Chubbychunks
I know a good joke:

Kensai's life.
Last edited by Dimebag Dave at Jun 21, 2008,
Well, I'm not out of high school, but I'm attending an uptight prep school, if that counts.
well i'm actually still in year 12, but i intend to go to RMIT in Melbourne to get a Bachelor in Electronic Engineering, and i'll get there by public transport cos it's kind of far away from here.
im going to Cornell University next year. Ivy league major in computer science. definitely living on campus cause its 9 hours away.
I was going to apply to berkeley but out of state is a rip off. Its good if you're in state, best schools in the west except for stanford.
One year of community college, then off to a university or conservatory. I will major in music, and do classical guitar in particular. Where I'm going depends a lot on how I do in private lessons with professors and competitions this summer.
Quote by KingJustinian25
I was going to apply to berkeley but out of state is a rip off. Its good if you're in state, best schools in the west except for stanford.

Yeah I know it sucks for people out of state
YMU, your momma U

remember kiddies, your plans and reality are two completely different things. Talking about what you're going to do and actually executing are two unrelated topics
just graduated, and i have a choice between staying home and going to st. john's, or moving to umass-amherst in massachusetts

either way, i wanna major in either history or political science
I'm going to the University of Oregon in the fall, not sure what to major in though, I also plan on living on campus rooming with a friend from high school
i graduated high school with almost all A's. got accepted to UT and A&M's engineering schools. decided not to go because im a jackass and i think i can make it as a musician. also got fed up with school systems and typical jobs that people have. i dont wanna be someones bitch the rest of my life. now im stuck at home, dont want a job because i just want to play music, depressed all the time, no girlfriend, about to lose internet and my truck. but hey, i will get to play a lot of music. idk if this will make me or break me. but right now i feel like an idiot.
Well Enough Alone
hmm, just made a thread about this, tryin to decide between OU and texas tech at the moment, for mechanical engineering and possibly aerospace engineering.
You are now blinking manually
I'm going to be a junior next year, but I hope to major in sociology and minor in psychology, or the other way around. Hopefully at Stanford, but I doubt that will happen.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Quote by SOADrox429
I'm going to be a junior next year, but I hope to major in sociology and minor in psychology, or the other way around. Hopefully at Stanford, but I doubt that will happen.

Don't count on getting in to Stanford unless your a minority, legacy, or recruited athlete. Even great SAT/ACT scores means little to them... If you're not one of the above, you mean little to them unless you helped like research a disease or some crazy **** like that, as I found out haha. Living in cali will help some though.
Quote by KingJustinian25
Don't count on getting in to Stanford unless your a minority, legacy, or recruited athlete. Even great SAT/ACT scores means little to them... If you're not one of the above, you mean little to them unless you helped like research a disease or some crazy **** like that, as I found out haha. Living in cali will help some though.

I know. It's not fair.
That's why I said I doubt it will happen. I'll probably end up going to somewhere in-state, though. California is all the way across the continent.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Quote by Vagabond21
I never let schooling interfere with my education - Mark Twain

The pit = education, amirite?
Quote by Kensai
I know a good joke:

Women's rights.
Quote by Chubbychunks
I know a good joke:

Kensai's life.
Hopefully do Motorsport Engineering at Oxford Brookes
If not, try and get in somewhere to do English Lit. They're actually very similar degrees.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
i'm going to warwick uni in september and i can't freaking wait. i'm going to study french, german, dutch and italian.
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
I'm a junior, but I'm planning to go pre-Med (I want to be a surgeon). I've got really good grades, and I hope to go to Duke or Stanford undergrad. Maybe Harvard (yeah, I know it's a major stretch) for med school.
From Glasgow, studying chemistry at St Andrews university....up in this bitch.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
Quote by Free Time
YMU, your momma U

remember kiddies, your plans and reality are two completely different things. Talking about what you're going to do and actually executing are two unrelated topics

+a bazillion

I go to the University of Colorado for Aerospace Engineering. /facepalm

My only advice for college is to BE SAFE AND SMART. lol. Seriously, because I was just barely sober enough to use my brain for half a second, I avoided about 10 MIPs.

Freshman year was the most fun I've ever had in my life. Hands down. I'm a junior now, and that kind of adventurous stuff isn't so appealing, but that's not to say I'm not excited to go start working... seriously.
Looking for my India/Django.
I'm at SUNY Oneonta, a NY state school in the middle of nowhere. I used to be an education major, then switched to the music industry program, because it's a thousand times more interesting. I'm either going to work at a record label (Internship at Saddle Creek next year, hopefully) or be a record producer (if I take some more studio classes). My band takes a class together every semester (we got an A last semester!) and half the time it doesn't even feel like school. Oh, and everyone in my program gets to go to NAMM for like $200. You can bet you'll see me there next year.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Dimebag Dave
Didn't find a thread like it, so here goes.

For those of you who've just finished high school, what university will you be attending? What do you plan to major in? Will you be living on campus? For those of you already in a university or have received your degrees, advice on dorming, studying, and everything else would be helpful.

Edit: Share your experiences as well.

The Ohio State University, double in Geography and Anthropology, I have to live on campus for my first year.

I've gone from one sub of Geography to another, then thought about Anthropology as a minor, but now I'm pretty sure I want to double major.
Quote by Free Time
Yup...you kids still in school will be surprised where you actually end up. Very few people take the uni course they planned to at 16.
I'm going to Central Michigan University this fall and I plan on majoring in English possibly with a creative writing focus.
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Vagina's tend to be not all that great looking most of the time. It's all... flappy. Looks sloppy.

I'd have to say guy junk wins but not by much. It's like winning a beauty contest against Steve Buscemi.
Looking to do a journalism course and I have my 5 main options already, just waiting for the open days:
Sheffield,
Kent,
Bedfordshire,
Bournemouth,
Nottingham Trent.

Will be living on campus.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I'm attending U of Ottawa. I did two years of common law, but changed majors in Journalism.

I live on campus. I love it.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
At where I live, Im taking the O levels this year and im 16. It's the GCE and not GCSE(from what I heard it's pretty different). Im aiming to enter a pre-U junior college then university. In school im taking something you would call "science stream" so I think I would like to pursue something in the medical field in Uni or maybe Finance/Accounting because im pretty good in math/A math at the moment.
I'm studying "Systems Engineering" in the CAECE university in Mar Del Plata, Argentina.
Universities don't have campuses in Argentina. They are just different building spread around the city. Like big highschools.
Not much advice rather than study, but don't kill yourself studying.

I think that the term for that in USA would be a "Bachelor".
It has a total of 5 years.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at Jun 21, 2008,
Queen's University, in Kingston, Ontario. Living on campus, doing a medial in political studies and english lit.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

I'll be going into second year at the University of Edinburgh in September, studying Economics & Accounting. Good times.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
I'll be going to Boston College come September. I plan on majoring in English and, hopefully, will become an author.

The way I see it, music, writing, and art are each like...a quarter of a job, right? So between the three of them, I almost have a full job!

I'm gonna be poor as all hell!
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Page 1 of 2